Monday, January 12, 2009

Gardening & Sewing

Today was a glorious day - I was in the office all day but managed to spend a bit of time outisde this afternoon watering my vegie patch and a little weeding.

I have also picked a few apricots tonight - YUM !!



I planted a few seedlings in the vegie patch yesterday some broccoli, cabbages and spring onions which look dwarfed amongst the silverbeet, rhubarb, tomatoes and raspberries.



But hopefully they will survive and grow well. Along with thousands of other people we are doing our very best to try and grow somethings ourselves and to recycle and re-use as much as possible. I started off some compost yesterday and Rod (hubby) has promised to build me some new raised beds over the next few weeks because he starts holidays on Friday. We also have 6 hens coming to live with us on the weekend so we need to build them some accomodation this week.


I received my partner for Dolly's Vintage Heart Swap and I have had a ball checking out her blog, ebay auctions and web site. Shannon is my partner and she is a very talented artist. I think I have decided what to make and send her and have been shopping for lots of goodies. I am going to start the bag to contain all of the goodies tonight.

Thanks for the kind words about my angel story blocks. I am afraid that I can't take the credit for the fabric choices as I purchased the full kit from Honeysuckle Cottage. I saw the fully made quilt at the Quilted Crow's Christmas gathering and fell in love with it.


It is going to be 32 degrees here tomorrow so I am off to water all of the pot plants.

HUGS,


5 comments:

Lulu said...

Your apricots look great. Do they have that old fashioned taste, like apricots had once upon a time? Your vege garden looks neat and tidy, and I envy you getting some hens.

Kathy said...

Mmm. Those apricots look delicious! Hope you (and your fab garden) are surviving the heat today. Can't wait for the next Quilted Crow Gathering - they're so much fun. Though I spend more time talking than working lol.
K x

Fiona said...

Wow your apricots look amazing. I am very impressed with your vegie patch. With hubby away this week I have been given strict watering instructions, this warm weather scares me. I will be in big trouble if anything dies. Lol.

Isabella said...

Those look yummie,possums allways get our fruit no matter what type it is allthough we did get a few blackcurrents this year.

Purpleflowerpatch said...

Hi Fiona! I'm Jenny over in Esperance WA.

My hubby built me our first raised garden bed for Christmas...I love gardening, almost as much as sewing. ;-)

I'm envious of your raspberries!!

Welcome to blogland.