Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Weekend

Here are 3 of my angel story blocks that I have completed. I am working on another at the moment. I have almost finished the binding on my butterfly quilt and have started a project for "Dolly's" My Vintage Heart Swap.



I have worked all day today but managed to plant out 8 containers tonight with Mint, Basil, Chives, Coriander & Lettuce. I have promised myself that I will try to get 1 job done in the garden each day after work whilst the weather is half decent.

Here are my new pots.



You can see in the background that it is very dry here at Brighton. Most of our gardens are mulched so have survived okay but the lawns are dead. Can you see my favourite garden ornament? My concrete kangaroo?


I am taking Amy (10 Year Old) & Kaitlin (14) to the market in the morning to look fo treasure and then off to work for 4 hours. My older daughter - Sam and her 1 year old Thomas are then coming up for the afternoon so tomorrow will be a No Sew Day but hopefully if the sun shines we will have some ripe apricots to pick in the orchard.


I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend and are all sewing your little hearts out.



8 comments:

Helen Stubbings said...

Hi Fee, Jo told me about you and your new blog NYE< sorry it took so long to pop in and say hello. Welcome to blogland and to tassie bloggers! Helen in Lenah Valley

Kerri said...

Oh Fiona, your Angel Story blocks look fabulous. You are doing really well. I think I need to do one thing in the garden a day so it doesn't get to bad. Have a lovely family day in the orchard. I havent seem to get any stitching done at the moment. Maybe next week.

Cheers Kez

Julie said...

Your soft coloured angels are very pretty. I'm working overtime keeping my garden alive at the moment too.

Rose said...

I love the colours you have chosen for your Angels Story quilt....very pretty!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Kathy said...

Love your Angel blocks! I'm thinking I might attempt this pattern too, its so beautiful.
Kathy

Maree said...

Your Angel Blocks look Lovley...Great Job on the Gardening...love your Pots all sitting in a Row.!!
cheers

Queen of the Armchair aka dzintrastitcheries said...

And I spotted your little kangaroo there!!! The Angel Blocks are soo lovely...good job doing something every day in the garden...have a lovely week!!!

Fiona said...

Hi Fiona, Thought I would say hi being a fellow blog and also a Fiona. Your stitcheries look great and the potts look very neat. It is pretty dry in launceston to, don't know why not from hot weather that is for sure. Hope you have a good week. X