Saturday, January 3, 2009

Where has all the Sunshine Gone?







Golly it is all getting a tad boring - the weather I mean. I went back to work yesterday and I felt sure that would fix the bad weather problem here in Tassie but it didn't - Today is still very bleak. I am about to break out the Janome and get to work on some UFO sewing in front of the heater. (Madness in the middle of summer, I know)


Shamefully I must admit whilst chatting with my dear friend "Shorty" on the phone this morning, I realised that I have yet to bind a quilt I made for middle daughter Kaitlin 3 years ago. I have had it quilted and put it in the cupboard and forgot about it. I have attached a pic of it unbound. This quilt is today's mission if I can just remember where I put the binding fabric that I saved for it.

I have enjoyed reading all of your lovely comments and welcomes - I feel so comfortable here thanks to you all.

If any of you are romantics at heart pop on over to Dolly's and join her "My Vintage Heart Swap". The more the merrier.

Have a great weekend wherever you are !!
Fiona

5 comments:

Isabella said...

Gee that looks like a lovely quilt I hope you find the binding, I tried to go to Dolly's site but it is telling me the like is wrong would you check it I'd like to join

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG can't believe the weather is so different.......in my part of Oz we have not had a day under 32 for the last week and the next few will be closer to 40.......
..Nice quilt.......
and as for the dessert in the post earlier.......looks amazing........

Guðrún said...

Welcome to blogland. I know you will like it here. That butterfly quilt looks beautiful.

Simone de Klerk said...

Welcome! I love your butterfly quilt (O: Lovely colors.

sydney said...

hello,

your quilt like soooo wunderful.
i love het.


gretings sydney