Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finally a Day Off

I have been working long hours for the last few weeks and finally caught up around the garden today with Rod. We mulched everything and started off another garden bed ready to plant our berries in a few months. Our tomatoes are heavily fruiting which means it shouldn't be too long before I can make chutney and sauce. We are still getting a few raspberries and our silverbeet is doing really well. We also have Capsicum, Brocolli, Cabbage, Spring Onions and Zuchinni planted at the moment. We have just sewn pumpkin and carrot seeds and will plant them out in the big garden just as soon as they are big enough.


Here is a shot of the breeze through which we recently built at the back of our house. It is a great area which gets lots of sunshine. It has pull up bistro blinds which help protect it.




And here is an updated shot of our herb garden. Do you remember a few weeks back when we planted them all. Haven't they grown? We have been cutting lettuce from here as well as coriander, parsley and chives. We also have Basil, Marjoram, Spearmint and Mint.




I have a few projects on the go at the moment and will take some pictures this week of the progress of some.

Have a great week.


7 comments:

Kerri said...

WOW look at those herbs. I will have to come veggie shopping at your house. It looks so nice. I have been thinking of a veggie patch but with the weather we are having at the moment, I will have to leave it for a little while. Your garden looks amazing.

Lulu said...

You obviously love your garden Fiona, it looks great. I've never heard of a breeze through tho, but it looks handy to have.

Debs said...

Your garden is looking wonderful.

Don't forget to enjoy your breeze through.

Peggy said...

Hi Fiona, I love the pots of herbs on the wall, you have made them ornamental as well as useful.

Julie said...

Everything looks so pretty and well-cared for! My garden is always a mess.

Julie said...

Your vegies are doing well. Mine are pretty much fried after all this hot weather.

Shiree said...

Hi Fiona,
Your garden looks really lush and healthy! I do not have a veggie garden, I wish I did but don't seem to find the time, we tend to live out of my Dad's garden, and my Mum spends many hours at this time of the year making preserves, chutneys, sauces etc, and we are the very happy recipients. I just have a few lettuce, spinach & silver beet at my back door with the usual herbs. Have fun,
cheers, Shiree