Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Blues



Wasn't sure what to call this post but baby blues seems to fit.....
My Sammy is due to give birth in 8 weeks time. She called me at 6pm last night to ask me to meet her at the hospital as her waters had burst. Madeleine had decided that she wanted out of there which is not the best thing for her right now. After a long evening of doctors and lots more doctors she is still in the "oven" at this stage and mum is in hospital resting and trying to get her a little more cooked before she enters the world. Sooooo this afternoon will be spent making premmy things. Anyone have any good patterns for little baby girls?
Sammy has so much to worry about at the moment but is more worried that Maddy will have nothing to wear :)) God Bless her cotton socks..... Sam has kidney disease so has not had an easy time of things, but fingers crossed they will both come out of this just fine.
The above photo if anyone is wondering is of some items that I picked up at a local market. The cups and saucers were a find as I collect Blue and White. They are porcelain and Czech and just gorgeous.
Off now to make some beanies for Maddy - Have a great day.



10 comments:

Lulu said...

I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope everything works out fine.

Maree said...

Sam is in the right place and I'm sure Her & Little Maddy will be Just Fine...and NANNA too..!!!
cheers

Margaret said...

When our twins were born they were 5lb.7oz & 5lb.5oz. My sister made small night dresses from a dolls pattern. A maygar sleve pattern and gathered at the neck then honeycomb smocking. She wipped them up in no time. Keep busy and the time will fly Lol Margaret

Kerri said...

Oh Fiona, Hope all is well with Sammy and the new little angel. She is in the right place. I have emailed a web site I have found.

Peggy said...

Best wishes to you at this time it is always worrying for the Mom when a daughter is giving birth and especially so for you with Sammy's kidney problems. They will both come through fine and I loook forward to the baby photos.

Emma @ the Berry Patch said...

Hi Fiona,

I hope everything goes well. I will be thinking of you and your family.

I don't have any premmie patterns, but I thought that embroidered wraps might be nice and a bit more personal and loving than the blankets they wrap the bubs up in hospital.

Emma

Debs said...

Thanks for sharing with us, it allows us to stand by you all.

Shiree said...

Hi Fiona,
exciting times, I hope that all goes well for everyone. My youngest daughter (Janet) was a premmie babe, and she wore a dolls dress that a friend had sent from America. She is a big strapping 25 yr old now. Your post prompted me to look at some of her old baby clothes that I have packed away, the little baby bonnets (cos that's what they wore then!)are just so tiny. keep in touch, thinking of you all, Shiree

Julie said...

I hope everything works out OK. At least she is well looked after. My Mum made my children little nighties which were a bit old fashioned but great for changing nappies because you don't tend to disturb the baby as much as all in one grow suits, especially if they are sleepy.

Queen of the Armchair said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time...hope all goes well for Mum and Bub...Blessings to you all, Dzintra