Monday, April 13, 2009

Gifts for Maddie


Yesterday was quite a productive day in my sewing room. Sam had asked me to make her a nappy bag to use when she takes Maddie on outings. I pondered over the Bareroots pattern that I had purchased to make for me and decided to adapt it to suit. The quilting alone took me ages as I am not very good at it.



But finally after a few hiccups here it is. It has 2 pockets on the front and heaps of room inside. I hope she likes it.


She also asked for some burp cloths - I made her 6 -2 of each design above. That should be enough :)
We had brunch today at Richmond which is a lovely little colonial style village around 20 minutes from us. It is a gorgeous day, the nights are starting to get cold so it is nice to have a little sunshine.
This afternoon will be filled with gardening and I might also have time to trace out a stitchery to stitch tonight in front of the fire.
My holidays seem to be flying and I am back to work 1 week from today so have quite a few things left on my list to do. Better be off now to make hay whilst the sun shines so to speak.
HUGS

10 comments:

Milah said...

I love the bag! The stitching looks great.

Lulu said...

The bag looks great. Very cheerful and fun.

Kerri said...

Love the colours of the bag. I would love one too.lol. Well done

Deb said...

Fiona, the bag and the burp cloths are just the cutest. I think they will team up nicely for the cute little button grand daughter extremely well.

Cybele's patch said...

I love the bag. It is gorgeous.

Debs said...

Great gear, great fabric. Just the stuff for little ladies.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Hi Fiona, had to delete the last comment the spelling went haywire! The bag turned out great.I must admit I was puzzled by the burp cloths I thought they looked like insoles for shoes!It took me a few seconds to figure them out. I could see how they would be very useful instead of washing towels constantly.I dont think they are available over here.

Mistea said...

The bag looks fabulous - love those colours. Enjoy the rest of your break.

Maree said...

Love the Bag...the colours are Great...those Burp Cloths are a Great Idea..never seen them before..
cheers