Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Catch Up

It has been a really busy week both at work and at home with a few of life's little "hiccups" thrown in for a bit of variety..... Nothing too major but hiccups all the same.

The picture above is of Maddie asleep on my chest. She is growing so fast and is now almost 11 weeks old and around 9 pounds. She giggles and smiles all of the time and is just the sweetest little thing - Of course I am not biased in any way. She should only be 3 weeks but you really wouldn't know that she was a premmie now.

The shop walls have been filled, sanded and sealed with an undercoat so progress is happening but a little slow for my liking. But I will just have to be patient.

The web site is almost ready to launch and I am busy putting stock into it and waiting for further supplies to arrive. Did you notice that my logo has changed a little? Donna (My web designer) has done a lovely job capturing exactly what I wanted and in the colours I wanted too.

I have not achieved very much on the sewing front over the past few days as I have been unwell, but hopefully after a planned visit to the doctors this week I should be back on track very soon.


This picture was taken on Wednesday morning at the front of our house. It was so foggy that it was almost like a scene from a horror movie. We will get more and more days like this in the coming months, a reminder that winter is just around the corner (1st June)


I am off now to get in an hour or two of hand stitching before heading off to bed for a reaonably early night. We had a breast cancer fundraiser at work today with around 550 luncheon diners and my feet are very sore and tired. I did manage to make a table runner for the silent auction section which raised a few dollars for them so I am happy that I contributed in some way.


Before I go - Thanks to all of you that have e-mailed me regarding the advent swap - We have around 30 swappers so far in the first week which is fantastic - Don't forget to blog about it. Sign ups do not close until 1st October.

Have a great week.


Hugs,

18 comments:

Mistea said...

We had that fog here too! I am not looking forward to going out in that on a daily basis in the next couple of months. Cute picture of Maddie, she looks quite comfortable there. Hope alls well in your part of the world real soon.

Deb said...

Fiona, Maddie does look very content there on your chest, no doubt soothed by your heartbeat. I hope you are feeling a lot better soon and thats its nothing too worrying for you. Fantastic progress on your shop and I do like your new title, looks really lovely. Take care

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you are feeling better very soon.........

Milah said...

Maddie is so precious. I love holding babies while they sleep.;D

I can imagine how anxious you are to get your shop open. I'm looking forward to seeing it too.

Jo in TAS said...

Could it be Hickorydickoryitis! Hee! Hee! only kidding, hoping you're feeling better soon.
Hugs
Jo

clare's craftroom said...

That Maddie is just delightful . Hope you're feeling better very soon .

Mildred said...

I love the photo of little Maddie being cuddled by you. Also, the photo of your garden looks like fine art - that is so spectacular! I hope you will soon feel better.

Julie said...

Little Maddie is so precious. I am considering signing up for your swap. Hmmmm....

Veronica said...

So nice to see Maddie looking so content and healthy! Hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to go shopping in your online site!

Mimi said...

What a precious, precious, baby.

Country Nanny said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby! She's so pretty and sweet. She's like a litte angel.
A big kiss. Ely

Sara said...

Maddie is adorable, looks so content laying there!

The fog picture looks really cool!

Kerri said...

Maddie is a cutie pie. She looks so contented lying there. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh gosh...Maddie just takes my breath away. Beautiful...just beautiful.

Jules said...

Hi Fiona,
I do hope you are feeling better soon. It tends to linger unfortunately. Oh that baby girl can make a person yearn for another............hmmm ok over it now............lol She is beautiful. Your garden looks like the one out of 'The Others' movie I watched the other day.....hehehe. Can't wait for the web site and the shop. Rose and I will be there on opening.

Jules

Margaret said...

Foggy days, bring out the mystery around us, not being able to see claearly is a bother, but isn;'t it lovely when the sun clears it all away. Hope yu are feeling on top of things very soon. Hugs

carole ann said...

Maddie, is beautiful, so like an angel. And that photo I keep waiting for Heathcliff to come walking out of the fog.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Maddie is gorgeous and how wonderful she is doing so well. IT sounds like you are busy! The fog picture is really pretty. I'm so glad it's summer!