Monday, July 27, 2009

A Little Bit of Stitching


My favourite thing to do of an evening is to sit and stitch. This is usually after the dishes are done and the chores are completed. I usually spend some time on the weekend preparing projects to stitch. This is my first stitched panel for the wheat pack covers I showed you yesterday. I have used verigated threads which give it lovely hues. I have 3 more to go and will stitch them all differently.


I have also been knitting Tommy and Maddie new winter caps over the past week or so - They are now completed and given to them but I forgot to take another photo. The pink and white wool is "Shepherd" wool which I purchased at the Stitches and Craft Fair a few months ago in Melbourne. I purchased it in 3 colours and have lots more projects in store for it yet.

It has been raining here again - Apparently the wettest winter in 35 years. Everything is very very soggy but I am going to try to spend some time in the veggie patch this weekend. I also need to get some soil ready for the 200 raspberry canes that I have ordered and will be collecting on Sunday.

Don't forget the closing date for the advent swap is Friday so if you are still thinking about joining please do not take too long - It is going to be so much fun and we would really love it if you were to join us.

HUGS,




8 comments:

Pam Marshall said...

Love the stitchery pattern.
Of course your work is awesome.

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

I love your project design! Even though my current hobby (gardening) is absorbing every last ounce of time I have, I look forward to fall when the harvest is in and I can concentrate on turning to stitchery! Thank you for sharing~ Vicki

creativity amongst chaos said...

What beautiful things you create! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!
Happy Stitching -Cori

Country Nanny said...

Dear Fiona, I like your stitching project very much! I think it could be used for a baby sheet too.
Here in Italy it's summer and it's very hot (more than 37°C)...we are melting...
Hugs,
Elisa

Jenny of Elefantz said...

That is SO pretty, Fiona. Is it your own design?
Love the knitting...oh, I miss the cold so much!!!

Contented Caroline said...

What a lovely stitchery Fiona. Can't wait to see the others when they are complete.

Micki said...

Love the stitching and the hats are so cute!
Micki

M. Regina said...

Beautiful your stitchery pattern. I love uour blog and works. Hugs from Brazil.