Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting Ready For My First Show .........


I am currently getting my supplies ready for my first outing as "Mothers Cupboard" I have booked a site at the Royal Hobart Show to be held in late October and have spent a considerable amount of time planning what to take and getting marketing material printed etc.


Over the weekend I cut lots and lots of Fat Quarters from my ever increasing collection of bolts.


They almost look too pretty to disturb don't they? This is my "shabby" box.


Here is my cutting and designing area. This is where I spend many hours cutting and sewing. I have designed a few small projects to take to the show as kits and a few bigger ones. I also have a BOM to offer from 2 other designers plus one of my own which is almost ready to leave the cutting table.

I am finally living my dream (well part-time anyway) and am so grateful that I have been able to give it a shot. I know that it is a long hard road but I am having lots of fun travelling down it.

Thanks so much for all of the e-mails and messages regarding my table runner. I am just so pleased that I have been able to share it with so many of you. I hope that you have fun making it. Don't forget to send me some pictures of your finished items.

HUGS,


15 comments:

Maree: said...

Good Luck with your first show...your shop looks Great..
cheers

Jo in TAS said...

Love watching your dream turn into a reality! I guess I'll be going to the show this year just so I can stop by and say hello and maybe spend a small fortune too!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your shop looks fantastic! Good luck with it all. Lisa

Isabella said...

The shop is looking great Fiona must email you on our next Hobart visit try to drop in :-)

Jenny said...

Best of luck Fiona, hope all goes very well for you.

Shiree said...

Hi Fiona,' Oh I so wish you good luck for this, I hope it all turns out the way that you want it to - go knock their socks off!!!

Deb said...

Aw Fiona, it is just such fabulous news watching your dream turn into a reality for you. Congrats on booking your first show, I am positive you will do really really well. You go girl!!
Your shop is looking wonderful and if I was you I also would never be out of it.

Julia said...

Best of luck Fiona...I'm sure you'll do well.
Your living your dream...go for it!
Julia ♥

Julie said...

hi fiona,

i wish you all the best for your little venture at the show. i'm sure you'll be a roaring success!
hugs,
julie

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Wish I could come to the Show. :-)

Peggy said...

Hi Fiona, the shop looks fantastic and it may be your dream but you have worked very hard to make it happen so you deserve the best of success with the shop and show.Well done

Micki said...

Good luck wih the show...you will be a great success!
Micki

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are doing a great job of your business and you are working hard--I wish you the best--hugs,just, Di

Mistea said...

Glad to see you are having lots of fun on your journey. The shop looks fantastic.. Now if I could just get across to that little Island! Enjoy the show.

Chookyblue...... said...

your shop is slowly coming along........goodluck with the show..........