Sunday, September 27, 2009

Anyone for Pie ??????

I have a few passions - One of them is cooking. I "love" to cook and every so often I get the "fancies" - Today I fancied apple pie............ So I defrosted some of those apples that we stored back here and added a few raspberries and tonight we had steaming hot Apple & Raspberry Pie. Yum Yum !!



Another passion for me is the garden and as I have mentioned in the past I love spring time which got me to sketching a scene showing lots of little corners of our property.

I haven't decided what I will turn this stitchery into yet but I am having lots of fun getting it finished.


This is "Chester" ----- I nicknamed him that when we first moved to this place. He is a Wattle Bird who visits a tree outside our bedroom window every day. He sings me the sweet songs of spring. Sometimes he brings along some friends who also feature in this stitchery. Of course there are lots of flowers and lots of bright cheerful colours. Once I have finished I will show you "Spring Time".



And "YES" Geelong Won !!!!!! By 12 points !!!!!!
It was a fantastic game.


Back to work for me tomorrow after 2 weeks break.

HUGS,







13 comments:

Wendy B said...

Yum yum Fiona...must be the day for fruit!...I got lots of strawberries today (and passionfruit)....mmm mmmmmmmmmmm!
I share a love of the garden too....can't wait to see your Springtime stitchery.
Go the Cats!!!! woo hooooo!
XX ;o) Wendy B

Joy said...

Oh Fiona that pie looks soooo delish ... and raspberries are my absolute very favouritest fruit ... mmmmm, yum!!!
Your stitchery is looking so pretty, can't wait to see the rest of it!!! ;o)
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Lurline said...

The pie looks wonderful - stitcheries, too - am waiting to get out in the garden, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Allie said...

We'd get along just fine, Fiona, you love to cook and I, well, love to eat. Your new project looks lovely - Chester is adorable!

Cheryl said...

Oh Yum... home made apple pie WITH raspberries... I'm comin' for pudding tonight :-)
How cute is that little stitchery? Beautiful gentle springtime colours... I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Have a good day at work, the first day back is always a drag! Maybe there's some pie left for you at the end of today :-)

Julia said...

Yum...Fiona..
Save me some!

Your stitchery is looking so pretty, can't wait to see the rest!
Julia ♥

Lizzie said...

Yes, yes, well done the cats, lol! Those little peaks of stitching look delicious Fiona, as does your pie, yum! Son and his lady are here for dinner tonight and I'm making Apple & Berry crumble - great minds??
Lizzie
XXX

Granny Goose said...

The sneak peak looks gorgeous, can't wait to see the whole thing.

gg

boysmum2 said...

The pie looks scrummy

Mistea said...

Ooh... Lots of yumminess there. Hope the first day back at work was ok.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The pie has my mouth watering, Fiona....and the eye candy of your new design is very tempting in deed!! I love Chester. ;-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Looking forward to seeing more of Chester Fiona...and your Spring treats♥x

Terri said...

Oh I'm lovin' that stitchery....the fabric is so cheery too.....can hardly wait to see it!
That sure looks yummmmmmmmmy!