Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Arrivals & Christmas Projects


I had a lovely day pottering around my shop today. I unpacked yesterday's arrival of "Blessings" from Moda and also some "Hushabye" - both are lovely ranges. I only have Hushabye in Jelly Rolls but have Blessings in Charm Packs, Jelly Rolls, Fat Quarter Packs and also on the Bolt.

It is a lovely warm range. I am thinking that I may use this range on Saturday when I attend Helen's Mystery Quilt Marathon.


I also spent some time today cutting kits for 2 recent quilts and also tidying up a little. Time is running out for me to get ready for the Show in October but each week I am getting a little more done. Future shows will be much easier but I am starting from scratch so am cutting fat quarters madly. I managed to cut, fold and press another 40 today.



This is another corner of my little shop. It is wooden apple cases which I picked up at an auction some time ago. I am almost ready to open the shop to the public 2 days per week.



Regular blog readers would know that I have been working on christmas gifts for a little while now and pulled out these fabrics ready for cutting. There is just something about red and green together isn't there? It just sings "Christmas".




Jenny over at Elefantz has designed a Christmas Stitchery Pack which she sells in her Etsy shop. This is a little project from that. I added sparkly green seed beads instead of french knots for something a little different.



This is another one from the same pack.
These could be used to make small gifts for those of you that are involved in the advent swap. You could use them on the front of a note book or needle case or even on a little draw string bag filled with sweets. The ideas are endless. I have lots of things collected for my partner Lizzie and am really looking forward to watching her open her gifts each day.


Until next time,
HUGS,









7 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I love how you've added the seed beads!!
Those fabrics ARE gorgeous. I'd be a mess if that were my shop...I'd be so bust oohing and aahing over everything, needing to touch it and play with it, that I'd never open the doors! ;-)

Mistea said...

The fabrics are beautiful. I especially like the Christmas fabrics you are playing with, and those stitcheries are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing.

Phyllis said...

Those fabrics are so pretty!

Margaret said...

How do you choose when you have so many beautiful fabrics. When dh asks where have you been it is hard to say looking at fabric.Oh to be young and working again

Micki said...

The fabrics are beautiful!
Have fun working with them!
Micki

Vale said...

Hi Fiona, I'm collecting lots of gifts for my partner too, something is in Xmas style and something is useful for everyday, I hope that Kim will love them!!
Kisses!
Valeria

clare's craftroom said...

That fabric is gorgeous and the shop is looking great !