Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ready for a Bruisin?



Well the title has a double meaning. I have had a few health issues of recent times and that has involved problems with my balance. In the past two weeks I have had 3 falls. The last fall was on Thursday and boy it was a ripper !! I have a very sore elbow and arm and am covered in bruises on my leg. Hubby says I am like autumn leaves - Always falling ----- I didn't laugh...........
Now for the real bruisin...... Kaitlin and I are passionate Geelong (Cats) Supporters - AFL Football. The Grand Final is today. Kaitlin has decorated our games room in the Geelong colours and we are ready for kick off at 2.30pm.



One of my dear friends - Jenny of Elefantz - Has just confessed to me that she is a St Kilda Fan - Our rival today !!!!!! But win, lose or draw - I will still love you after today Jen :)


Here are some daisies from my garden which are just spreading every where and I love it. White daisies are such a favourite of mine. I love that yellow centre - It is like looking into their souls - Which will be the theme of another stitchery set I have on the agenda.


And lavender is another favourite - I love the colour, the prettiness and the scent.
I know that I have said it before but Spring time is such a favourite season in the garden - The new growth is just amazing at the moment.
Don't forget the sale I am having at the SHOP - Stock is selling fast so if you are after fabric now is the time - Fabrics are priced at just $10 & $12 per metre.
Also check out my friend Vicki's blog - Tozz's Corner - She is having a fantastic give away as part of the gum tree designers launch - Not long now until the draw so don't be hasty.
Off now to get ready for the big game.
GO THE CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,






17 comments:

Allie said...

Oh OUCH!!!!! I wouldn't laugh either....I hope you heal quickly!!!
I love the daisies and lavender. So pretty!

Sandy said...

Wow, sorry about your falls and hope this isn't anything serious.
It is amazing to me about the different seasons...you are going into Spring and us (USA) into Fall. I dread the cold, snowy winter. Hope your team wins!

Cubby House Crafts said...

OOh! Nasty! You take Care! I also love lavender..the perfume!

Marita said...

Take care, those bruises look sore. I'm a fanatical magpie supporter, so I'm still getting over our loss! Have a fun day, I suppose Geelong can win!

Joy said...

Oh Fiona you poor thing .... that bruise is a doozy!!! Sending great big quilty hugs to you - and Ethel's been baking for you too ;o)!!!
Love & Hugs,
Joy :o)

Margaret said...

Fiona. Today is the greatest day on the calendar ---- The Footy Final ---- Living in Geelong is like there are no other teams competing everything is in a sea of blue and white . I am not a footy supporter, so bring it on and get it over and done with .
Taking a tumble isn't good so look after yourself.

Lizzie said...

Those bruises look nasty and painful, hope your health improves very quickly. In the meantime, I have to confess that I belong to the *whisper here* anti football league, BUT, #1 grandson, who lives in the city of the CATS, is a huge Cats fan. So, just for you and him.............
GO CATS!
I can't believe that I've said that twice now today, pleased don't tell anyone...........? LOL!
Lizzie
XXX

boysmum2 said...

Ouch too. I also love spring, the longer days of sunshine...if we get them and the thought that warmer weather is just round the corner. But then come to think about it, I actually love all the seasons for the colours they produce. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Pauline said...

wow Fiona, better cancel that falling over girl! thats a nasty bruise. Hope you feeling better soon, and although I go for St Kilda..it was a good game! HOpe you had a fun afternoon.
cheers
Pauline

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow Fiona, I am so sorry to hear that you have had so many falls. I hope that it isn't anything serious. And just for information, and I don't know if this really applies, but I've read that consuming sugar free products may sometimes cause imbalance (something to do with the chemical in the brain). So just passing that along. Take care.

Kathy said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. No fun falling and all the bruises. OUCH!

Micki said...

Hope you are better Fiona! I recently had a fall too, so I know how it feel. Take care!
Micki

Annie said...

That is a whopper of a bruise...I know it's sore...take care of yourself, enjoy your game (I didn't check it could be the game has already been played, if so I hope it went well)...I share your love of daisys...when I met my husband he was very keen on red roses...he asked me what my favorite flower was and I said daisys...daisys are pretty close to perfect (as far as I'm concerned) and they last...so with daisys one gets long lasting near perfection...what more could one ask of a flower...*smile*

Sue said...

Poor you! I'm a dropper too...last time I smashed my glasses.
Congratz to the Catz on their grandfinal win.

Margaret said...

Just popped back to say that shopping in Geelong was very peaceful yesterday no one around today Kardinia Park is a buzz with happy followers, I went for coffee after church and the cakes were all in blue and white. Your team did you proud, now your bruises match some of the players.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Fiona...that doesn't sound too good about the fall...A big hug to you and hope you are better soon...Dzintra♥x

Terri said...

You've got to quit falling girl!! Have you fifured out why yet? Please be careful!