Friday, March 26, 2010

Off to the Gathering Tomorrow !!!

I am off to the Quilted Crow's Autumn Gathering tomorrow with tutors Gail Pan & Marg Lowe. The theme is "birds" so I am sure that we will see some interesting designs. It is so much fun to shop, stitch and eat yummy things in the company of some wonderful ladies. I will try to get through the day the best I can - LOL
I have been finishing a few of the designs I started a few months ago - This is a little sneek peek at a bag made from a place mat - It is made using some recycled fabric too so a real "frugal" project for gift giving.

How are you going with the bunny stitchery? Have you had time to do anything with it yet? Here are just a few of the items made using him. This pillow was made by Bev for her daughter for easter - It's so pretty.


And this lovely gift tag was made by Sandra - She reduced the stitchery down to tag size - Isn't she clever - What a great trim for her basket.


It is not long now until Easter Bunny visits. I am making all of the chocolate gifts for the littlies this year - All of this cost $15.00 - Chocolate, Moulds, Bags & Ribbon. It is much better value than the commercial ones which just seem to get thinner and lighter and more expensive each year. I will have the moulds for next year to re-use again. Spotlight have a great range if you are also thinking of making your own?
Well Ihad best be off - My beloved Geelong Cats play tonight so I have to get comfy with my stitching on my lap to watch them win !!
Have a great weekend.
HUGS,

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Have fun tomorrow sweetness... can't wait to see the finished results..
Hugs Dawn x x x

Christine said...

Enjoy the gathering ... looking forward to seeing some lovely 'bird' projects soon.

clare's craftroom said...

Have fun on the weekend and I hope your team wins !

Debbie said...

Have fun this weekend and good luck!

Debbie
ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

Allie said...

Have a grand time, Fiona! I made a placemat purse once but it didn't have a sweet ruffle. The bunny projects are great, have fun making candy - that really sounds fun!

Cath Ü said...

I hope you have fun making the Easter choccies and I hope some makes it into the moulds... LOL

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü