Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mothers Day Freebies, Storage Ideas + Quick Recipe

Have you seen all of the delicious FREE projects and gift ideas on offer over at the Among The Gumtrees Blog? There are so many lovely things to make as gifts. The heat packs above are a FREE design given by Jenny of Elefantz. I couldn't resist making them. One is for my darling mother-in-law and the other for me to keep. My youngest DD, Amy tells me that I need to keep more of what I sew - Bless her she's right.

Since moving my studio back into the house I have had a few problems with space. You may remember that I went vertical with my shelving on tables? That works really well but I still needed some extra space for the boxes of trims etc that I have. So I bought some of these.


For the bargain mark down price of $2.00. Told you I was being frugal !!

This is how it goes on the back of the door - Isn't it fantastic !! Now I just have to have the time to sort out all of my trims into the lovely little pockets.



I thought I would share with you a very quick side dish to have instead of garlic bread with a hearty winter meal - "Sweet Chilli & Cheese Toast"


Cut a Foccocia bun in half, slightly toast and spread with sweet chilli sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.


Cut up and serve - It is delicious !! I often take it to work for lunch too.



Look at what is arriving in store this week. A BIG Shipment of gorgeous hand painted Theodora Cleave Buttons. I will let you know when they have arrived and have been loaded into my shop.

Have a great day


10 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Great bargain from Kmart, was there any left? I'll have to come shopping at your place, love Barb's buttons.

Deb said...

Yummy bread Fee, if ever we have pizza bread at home we top it like this and then (naughtily) add a dollop of sour cream, mmmmm.
hugs Deb

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love your over the door hanger! Perfect. I will have to check out the free projects. The little packs are adorable.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi gorgeous Fee!

Wow - your wheat sacks are drop-dead-gorgeous! What fabric did you use sweetie? Love the binding/trim on it too!

Great idea about the door space - very economical on space and on the purse!

I have that very same button from Theodora Cleave! THey're gorgeous aren't they? So glad you are stocking them as they're difficult to come by!

Hugs sweetie!
Vikki xoxo

Cubby House Crafts said...

Will have to try that one thanks!
I will be keeping an eye ourt for when your buttons arrive too
Lisa

Dawn said...

Fee your heat packs look fabulous...well done....I also love those buttons... ummm may have to come shopping when they arrive...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Sandra Henderson said...

I'm so happy to have found YOU! I love your blog and will come back to visit soon! I'm relatively new to blogging since Feb. I live on an island w/no stores, mail, bridges to the mainland, no conveniences. However, I'm a quilter and love to keep busy sewing, I post photos of the wild horses and animals here, so I'm having a ball with my new hobby! :)

Allie said...

Fiona your hot packs turned out wonderfully pretty! Good for you on keeping one. Your recipe sounds so good, and what a brilliant idea about the organizer - I'll have to go looking for a bargain myself!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

That recipe looks like a goodie to try this weekend...definately be back to check out the buttons!
Jane.

Pauline said...

oh great..I cant eat any of those good things..come on blog to get away from thinking about it and what do you have??? ohhhhhhhhh YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Kidding really Fiona, not really bothering me..arent the heat packs gorgeous..your mil will love it I am sure..
cheers