Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing Assistant Position Now Filled !!

Do you recall my last post when I was telling you about my sewing distractions and the excuses as to why I have just a few UFO's? Dreamer always seems to want to help in my studio so on Saturday afternoon I agreed to audition him for the position of Assistant.

Our mission was to make Toby (His canine brother) a comfortable bed to replace the chewed up mess he was currently sleeping on. Dreamer chose the fabric and we set off on our quest to make a comfortable sleeping bed.

Dreamer assisted in assembling the bed and inspected the stuffing to ensure the quality and texture was perfect for his brother's sleeping comfort.



After that process was complete the bed was finished. Despite my objections Dreamer insisted on testing the said bed before it was delivered to it's new owner.



As you can see it pased the comfort test.




And the re-positioning test.






And once again the roll over, back flip and 3/4 turn test.





To ensure that the entire afternoon was not lost to UFOITIS the removalist were called in to pick up the said bed and remove the offending distraction - This was over a 3 hour period I might add and he did not blink an eyelid. Despite his lack of productivity I have decided to keep him on the payroll so the position of sewing assistant is now filled.

Oh and yes Toby did finally get his new bed and he loves it as much as Dreamer.


17 comments:

CreativeHands said...

Great story! Thanks for the giggle!!

Christine said...

Very cute. (sounds just like my place!!)

Prim's by Kim said...

How sweet! My tonkinese likes my lap or shoulder when I am trying to sew =)

Maggey and Jim said...

Very cute,, loved the story..
Maggey

Maria said...

Dreamer looks like a very capable assistant.LOL

Loved the post.

Francien said...

Oh Fiona...i have an assistant in "black"like yours...only you still got things done like the lovely bed...my assistant sabotage things...lol..you know.. like sitting in front of the sewingmachine when you want to sew and wont move an inch..lie on the (closed) siccors so one is searching for it all over...rearrange the fabric...mostly on to the floor...etc.. etc.
Lovely pictures you have showed is...
greetings Francien.

Allie said...

LOL - that is so funny!!!! I think Dreamer has the perfect name for the job.

flutter said...

LOL silly ole cat!! Dreamer is the purrrrfect assistant, the silent one LOL!!

Thanks for the giggle xx

KaHolly said...

Delightfully told. Dreamer is a beauty - a blue point?

Cardygirl said...

A lilac burmese???? Gorgeous model.

Mistea said...

Glad to see you have found good help - and you didn't even have to look too far!
Beautiful

Jo in TAS said...

Hilarious post! Love the backflip 3/4 turn bit, had me chuckling away!

Tozz said...

Thanks for the great story and what a beaut assistant you have :) hugs Vicki xoxooxox Still smiling about it :)

el costurero de elsicat said...

Toby is lovely and a great assistant!!!
CariƱos

kathyros said...

Absolutely too cute for words. Gotta love cats!

Lulu said...

Cats always make sleeping look so relaxing.

Sarah said...

oh she is beautiful!