Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Finish and a Trip

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. Here is the Baseco bag that I made for my mother for mother's day.

Last Friday Mr MC and I took a road trip to attend AGFEST in the North of the state.

It is a big Agricultural Expo with lots and lots of different things to see including heaps of craft and supplies, Food etc



As you can see from the photographs there was lots of variety and inspiration.



Also a few quilting supply stands - This one was the Village Quilter.



And Mulberry Lane


Which had lots of quilts on display !



And here was my favourite stand "Brigart"


This extremely talented lady is from Geelong in Victoria and she paints ! Boy does she paint !! A lot of her paintings are made into prints and then made into things. I purchased a few things from her including a gorgeous little wooden house which says "Grandma's House" - I will show that to you another time. I have encouraged her to start a blog to show the world her amazing talent.

We had a lovely day but the road trip was almost 5 hours of driving for me - It took me the rest of the weekend to get over it - LOL


It is almost the weekend again and I have planned to finish a few projects I have been stitching each night. Do you have anything special planned this weekend?




12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

BC's last day at MRT on Friday, we have a relaxing weekend planned and my Monday RDO together. He starts at GCC on the 24th!

Grethe said...

Smashing bag for your Mum:-) Love looking at all your pictures;It is an adventure going to quiltshows.

Katrina said...

Love the "Eva" bag you made for your mother. I have a bit of that fabric in my stash. Your photos look wonderful, great weekend :) so jealous lol..
Katrina x

Pauline said...

oh fiona...wish I had known..I was there on friday as well...buggar!!!!
we had a fun day too...its a great day out..
cheers

Teresa said...

A great bag - can pack a lot of things in there for a trip to a quilt show. Thanks for sharing the pictures - it was interesting to see.

Maria said...

Great bag you made for your Mum. Love your colours. I used Black/white and red.

Enjoyed going to the expo with you.

Joy said...

Love your Mum's bag Fee.... doesn't it look fabulous in the "Eva" fabrics :o).
The AGFEST looks t'riffic too, I love that lady's paintings ... so beautiful, especially the one in the top right corner ... wow!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Allie said...

Lovely bag Fiona, and oh that AGFEST looks fun!!!!!

Jude said...

Your mum`s bag looks great, it`s in my colours so if she doesnt like it send it over to me. Looks like you had a great weekend as well so time to rest before some more creating.

Vicki said...

I love the colours you have used in the bag Fee...its really lovely and I am sure your Mum will love it. The AGFEST looks like it was a good thing to go to also. Hugs...Vicki xoxoxox

Micki said...

You are right...that woman's booth is wonderful! I would have loved to see her paintings!
Micki

Vintage Girl said...

I love the bag, your Mom must have been so pleased! Sounds like a fun time at Agfest, I was viewing ALL that fabric, fun!! Have a great day!! Blessings, Heather