Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sunny Saturday

It's a beautiful sunny morning here today and perfect for getting into the sewing room - It is dark when I get home of a night these days so the sunshine is always welcome on weekends. I always spend an hour or so in my studio each night getting a project ready for handstitching or cutting out etc. Then I turn the light off and walk out.

It is not until the weekend when all is bright and cheerful that I can see what a mess I have left throughout the week. Goodness me I will have to clean it all up before I can get back to the projects I have planned for the weekend.

These projects are what I have planned to finish this weekend. This is a new design I am working on in colours I do not normally use - I wonder how it will turn out?


I am also working on another Baseco Bag for my mum for mothers day in EVA fabrics (If you look hard enough in the previous pictures it is hanging on the back of my chair)



And this Santa Treasure Sack designed by Helen of Hugs N Kisses in Rural Jardin.



So what do you have planned this weekend? Will you be working on mothers day gifts? Don't forget to check out the freebies over at the Among the Gumtrees site - Vicki has a gorgeous tote bag pattern today.

Whatever it is you plan to do I hope you enjoy it and have a lovely day.








12 comments:

Sew Useful Designs said...

Good morning Fee!

I love the sneak peek! Also love those Eva fabrics... and funnily enough, I was only talking to Jenny last week that I must finish the Hugs n Kisses Xmas project!!!

Hugs! Vikki xxx

Allie said...

Oh don't you hate cleaning up - it's fun to make the mess though! Love your sneaky peeks, dear girl.

Rhonda said...

Hi Fiona! It's great to sew when the day is so sunny. You'll get all those things done that you've planned. Enjoy!!!

Jo in TAS said...

Wow you've made great progress on the santa sack! Enjoy the sunshine!
Hugs
Jo

Copper Patch said...

It looks like a wonderful weekend of sewing fun for you. Enjoy that sunshine,
Abbe

嘉容嘉容 said...

以簡單的行為愉悅他人的心靈,勝過千人低頭禱告........................................

Maria said...

We are also having beautiful sunny Autumn days. Love the colours of the bag you are making for Mum.
Hope you get all your projects done.

Cubby House Crafts said...

What a lovely suuny place to sit and sew...looks like you have a lovely view of your garden
Lisa

Sarah said...

what a great sewing room and sun!

Ummm those days of sewing for long periods in silence with sun will come back - one day!

Looking forward to seeing that project all finished up!

Diane said...

I am crocheting lovely bathroom washclothes for mom and mil for Mother's Day and will include some fancy soap. About to start a new cross stitch piece and still working on a hand sewn quilt.
Blessings
Diane

Micki said...

What a joy you must have sewing in that room. I am sure that you have had a lovely weekened!
Micki

Sandra Henderson said...

This is one thing I love about my sewing room~I can close the door!
I can't wait to see more of your project as it unfolds! :)