Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Sewing

You could be forgiven for thinking that we are in the middle of winter here in Tasmania this weekend - It has been freezing ! It is Mr MC's weekend to work so I have been up early driving him to work both days. Yesterday morning my little car told me it was -5 and this morning it was a little warmer at -4. Luckily for me I have spent a few evenings with my Bunny Crossing quilt across my lap keeping me warm whilst I sew down the binding.

And now it is finished. Sarah has done a lovely job of quilting it.

I backed it with some swirly Hunky Dory.



With it being so cold it has been perfect weather for sewing and I have finished this little cushion with a stitchery that I designed some time ago.



My sewing assistant has been helping in between naps.




I had to wake him so that I could finish these 3 Tote bags. Tonight I will make some fabric flowers to adorn them. Have you had a busy weekend too?










10 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your quilt is lovely and Sarah done a beautiful job on the quilting!
Lisa

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Fee, it's been freezing over the Tasman here in NZ too. Hey I love your quilt, your assistant looks as helpful as mine LOL.
keep warm, hugs
Miche'le

Vicki said...

Your things all look fabulous Fee...I love the quilt and the colours are so pretty :) Love your totes too :) hugs Vicki xoxoxox

Sew Useful Designs said...

You've been busy sweetie! I love those totes... and the quilt - gorgeous fabrics! And the little stitchery is way cute!!!

Hugs!! Vikki xoxo
ps. Absolutely LOVE your gloves and the ace tutorial!!!!! x

Wendy B said...

just beautifully fab, Fiona!...Love it all! It's getting cool up here in north Qld too....had to put a 'cardie' on the other day!!!! (tee hee) I shouldn't be such a tease....I'd kill for some 'cold' weather...but not getting below 10 usually at the extreme, and only for a week or two, the question would be....What to wear?????
warm sugary hugs
XX Wendy :O)

barb's creations said...

It's getting very cold here as well.I haven't been busy with sewing this weekend but I've been baking lots this.I've made a double batch of Anzacs to post of to my dad and I just popped around to my sisters to drop of a double batch of her favourite coconut crunch biscuits.I'm also cooling down two lemon and ricotta tarts I just took out of the oven for our dessert tonight,one of them I'll be taking to work tomorrow to share with all the girls there.I love baking,nothing beats freshly baked goodies :) Barb.

The Pink Poodle said...

Hey Fiona...cold at night here in melbourne as well..& with hubby away...OOOOPPPSSS I am cuddling sooty to keep me warm!!

love the quilt...hey ... your cat is just sooo cute...
obviously loves your sewing ability!!

xx andrea

Allie said...

Your quilt is so, so lovely!!! Nothing better than cuddling up and binding a quilt! It's beautiful, Fiona - just beautiful. Love your little cushion too!
Those totes are really fabulous, can't wait to see the flowers you make!
I haven't had a busy weekend at all - I'm too hot to sew!

Joy said...

-4 and -5!!!!!! Goodness Fee I'd never survive LOL.
LOVE all your stitching, your quilt looks fabulous. Those bags are so pretty - is that some yummy Aviary I spy on them ;o)??!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Cherie said...

Love the sound of the cold there! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous -so great to catch up with you via blog land ;)