Monday, July 5, 2010

A First for Me.............

For those of you that have been following me for some time you would know that I opened up an on-line fabric store over a year ago.

I really dis-like pushing my barrow on-line so about 6 weeks ago I closed my on-line store and just sell via E-Bay on-line now. In life doors close and others open and I made the decision to do the Craft Fair and Events route so that I can serve my customers face to face.

I have the next 12 motnhs mapped out and after the craft fair this week I move into the local Sunday market as a permanent stall holder so that the locals can grab their quilting supplies each Sunday from me. Mixed up amongst this journey I made the decision to try my hand at importing some fabrics. A novel and worriesome concept but today I took ownership of my first shipment. Not a huge container lot just 70 kilograms to start off with. These polka dots were part of the shipment.


As well as this adorable fabric line called "Fleur De Paris" by Henry Glass. When I was sent the swatches of these fabrics I just fell in love and HAD to have them - They are the reason why I decided to take the plunge.



Most of you would know that I am a pretty shabby florals freak and these hit the spot for me.


There is also polka dots and toile in the line too.......




Can you see why I fell in love?




So tonight I am cutting them up ready for the fair.




As I am cutting I keep thinking of things I want to make with this range and have to keep reminding myself that I can only keep a little bit of each.




I also received lots of other goodies in the shipment including cute novelty fat quarter bundles from Studio E and some Redwork Pre-printed quilt packs.


I would have to say that I am just about Cup Caked and Fat Quartered out at this stage....... Poor Jo has been cutting bolts into 1/2 metre rolls for me and I think she is over it too....... I am sure that we will be glad when Sunday night rolls around.





15 comments:

The Patch Craft said...

Sorry to hear you closed your on line store. Do you have a ebay store or do you just list your goods.

Love your cupcakes, and your material.

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I do hope it all works out for you
The fabric is lovely
Good Luck

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Luv your fabrics Fiona...look forward to seeing your stall on Friday.
Jane.

Maria said...

Good luck with your new ventures. I love the fabrics.

Jo in TAS said...

Yiipppeee 3 days with my buddies! I'll cut heaps of fabric if I could do that all the time! See you at the DEC!!

Shiree said...

hey Fiona,
yep there is always a silver lining, sometimes it is not always clear, but it is definitely there. And the journey can be fun, good luck for the craft fair, and you market days!

Vicki said...

Lovely lot of fabrics sweetie and I hope all goes well for you at the Fair :) hugs Vicki xoxoxoxo

Deb said...

Fee those fabrics are gorgeous. Heck I would have trouble cutting them up cause all I would want is to keep them for myself too. Those polka dots are so cute......
hugs Deb

Sew Useful Designs said...

Ah darlin' those fabrics are gorgeous... you are going to have so much fun with like-minded people! Try not to drool all over the merchandise... especially those cuppies! LOL

Love and hugs!!! Vikki :-) xx

KaHolly said...

You will have so much more fun serving your customers face to face!! A lovely line of fabrics, there!! Good luck! ~karen

SewObsession said...

hello love all your pretty fabric.. what is the link to your eBay listings would love to check them out... thanks

KatieQ said...

I hope your new fabric direction will be a huge success. I'm sure when potential customers see your lovely fabrics and meet you face-to-face they will be inspired to add to their stashes.

allsewnup said...

Good luck with your ventures.
You should post your Ebay site, I'm sure alot of us would like to visit your shop.

Carolyn

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with all your markets......it should be fun..........

Allie said...

I need to come visit your stall - oh my those fabrics are just lovely!