Saturday, August 21, 2010

Before and After

I have been back at work this week which started out well but by last night my hand was swollen and sore. It was worse this morning so now I have to wear a support bandage again. I was hoping to sew this weekend but it is going to have to wait - All I have managed since the surgery has been to sew on 4 small buttons. So to occupy my time I am going to have to go treasure hunting again in the morning - Such a chore !! LOL

Last weekend I decided to start shabbying up some things around my home. The girls moved this side board up into the garage where I could make a mess and little by little I painted it (left handed of course). It had it's final coat of paint on Thursday night.

And here it is all shabbyed up !! What a transformation. It has brightened up the room so much ! I just love it.



So here is another piece of furniture from the kitchen that has been moved to the garage today to have a few coats of paint. Sam is moving house today so we have the grand babies to play with. Have a lovely weekend.





10 comments:

Allie said...

Gorgeous shabbying going on, Miss Fiona! Don't you just love to paint furniture? I do....my boys used to say that if they stood still long enough, I'd paint them - and they were right, lol! Take care and don't overdo!

barb's creations said...

Hope your hand's feeling better today.You did well painting left handed,it turned out lovely and so refreshing.Can't wait to see the next project finished :) Barb.

By Hoki Quilts said...

Wow Fee, for someone that is incapacitated your doing an awful lot of good work. Love the shabbiness of it all too.
Be careful though : ))
hugs
Miche'le

Margaret said...

Shabbiness , Rejuvenation, all looking good to me. It is raining and I ma having a break from fiddling. Sad to hear about the hand Slowly is the way to go.

Scottish Nanna said...

Take things easy with that hand I love your Shabbyness it makes A big difference to that cabnet I love it.
Hugs Mary.

Vicki said...

It has turned out really fabulous Fee and you are making me think about painting things too :)Hope your hand feels better real soon. Hugs Vicki xoxoxox

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

What a transformation...looks great!
Jane.

Micki said...

You did a great job painting, even though you only have one functioning hand. Hope you are feeling better!
Micki

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I am drooling over that transformation...want to come paint at my house?? :-)
Hugs
Jenny

Cardygirl said...

Hope that hand mends quickly...it is so restrictive but will be worthwhile!