Sunday, August 1, 2010

You had Better Grab a Coffee....... or two........ Super Long Post !

Tomorrow morning at 7.30am I go into hospital to have some surgery on my hand. I will be out of action for 10 days and then not allowed to stitch for 4 WHOLE weeks.
So in order to keep you up to date with happenings around here I thought that I would make an extra long post today because I am not sure when I will be able to post again as it is my right hand that is being operated on.

I think that I am the last Gum Nut Gal to talk about our beautiful uncovering of "Springtime" today. "Springtime" is stitched together with love and hugs for all who admire her and was a wonderful group project for the purpose of raising awareness and funds for "Fresh Hope".


This is my block. It was inspired by thinking of new beginnings and all creatures great and small in this wonderful world of ours. The struggles of each of us as individuals but showing how we all pull together as one. You might be able to see the little kitty cat spying on the bunny who is oblivious to it all and who doesn't have a care in the world. Fresh Hope has helped so many women to get a fresh start in life and to live life to the fullest and being able to get on in this world. It really is a blessing and I am very proud to be associated with "Springtime" born to the Gumnut Gals and given to the women of Fresh Hope.

Now for what I have been up to.......... Well I went looking for that mojo who apparently is hiding out with many other mojo's who have gone missing around the world.....




I pottered and straightened........




And dusted and tidied...........





I folded and stacked






Until everything was in it's place...... and then my mojo re-appeared - AMAZING !!!




I think the fact that Miss Amy (11) wanted to sew too may have helped. Here is a little Anni Downs block that she stitched and then made into a little throw pillow - She is very PROUD of this and is now working on No 2.





Whilst I was helping her I worked on my latest design which is a Table runner called "Cookies N Cream"




The circles just need to be needle turned now, the runner quilted and then the binding put on.



But I think the chances of me having it finished by tomorrow are very slim, but at least I have moved forward with it I suppose - I was hoping to have it finished by the end of July for the Early Christmas Crafting but then that mojo up and left........




My gorgeous pal JO came and sat with me whilst I had my grey hairs covered up at the hair dressers yesterday and she brought me all of these chick flicks to watch over the next 10 days whilst I am recuperating. She is just the nicest sweetest most thoughtful friend - LOVE YOU JO JO !!!!!



This morning we headed off to the local trash and treasure market and I fell in love with these gorgeous owls - Aren't they just the cutest?? They are actually tiny salt and pepper shakers in lovely condition.





It is amazing all of the preparations I have had to make this weekend to get the household organised for the next week. Cooking, Cleaning, Washing, Ironing and baking...... I thought that soup would be a great thing to have in the fridge and easy to re-heat - Pumpkin Soup is a huge favourite in this house.

Amy requested a CRUNCHIE Cheesecake so how could I resist her pleas?



I also made this Spicy Toffee Pear Cake. GO HERE for the recipe it is very very nice.......



And a Lemon Slice



I am really hoping that I can operate the mouse with my left hand so that I can keep an eye on what you all get up to this week - I won't be able to answer any e-mails or leave comments but I will be thinking of you all.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK





















30 comments:

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Good luck on your surgery, you room is so clean and tidy and the cheesecake looks delightful!!

CurlyPops said...

Four whole weeks! I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery. At least everything is nice and neat and ready to go when you're back to it.

Marls said...

Good Luck with the surgery. Hope the mojo stays alive during your break.

Jo in TAS said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Fee, I hope it all goes well and you're back stitching in no time. A little birdie tells me she has already started watching the chick flicks! Nice to see her smiling!
Hugs
Jo
PS The birdie has the 304's and I enjoyed my little birthday shop!

Scottish Nanna said...

Good luck with your surgery I hope it all goes well I wish I had your sewing room I have never seen so much material all at once you have what I dream of,H.mmm one day.Take things easy and dont try sewing too soon sit back and enjoy your movies .
Hugs Mary.

Margaret said...

It is the hand you are going into hospital for isn't it ?
You have tidied and cooked , which all looks sooo good that I thought I would throw a whimsy on you and say you aren't going to hossie to have quads are you ? Smiling always Here's for a speedy recovery Hugs and blessings.

Vicki said...

Darling Fee.....it was a pleasure creating Springtime with you and your block is so sweet with the little pussycat :) Love it! and I hope all goes well for you tomorrow and when you recoup too. Hugs sweetie and do take care so that your hand and body can heal :) hugs Vicki xoxoxox

Jilly said...

Hi Fiona, I am praying all goes well for you and that you recover in record time!!
I love your "Fresh Hope" block it's beautiful!! All the best Hun!
{hugs}
Jilly
oxoxo

By Hoki Quilts said...

Ooooooh, so that's how you get your mojo back - are you sure about that? I mean it involves sorting, tidying and actually stepping foot (a fat foot) into my sewing room. Ewww, and then there's that 'dusting' word! Your really are a devil for punishment. Just think of all the mess you can make while recovering from surgery.
Be safe, heal well my friend.
huge Hugs
Miche'le

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The quilt looks good and so does your workroom!
Good luck with the surgery and I hope you heal quickly so you can get back to sewing.

Joy said...

Sweet Fee I just love your block, and what a wonderful experience it was to make this quilt with you and the other Nutters. I'm so chuffed with what we were able to achieve for Fresh Hope :o)!!!
I'm sending buckets of love to you and hoping you make a swift recovery after your surgery ... I'll be thinking of you!!!
Love n hugs,
Ethel xxxxxx *mwah* xxxxxx

Maree: said...

All the Very Best for your Surgery...will be Thinking of You..am lovin the quilt for Fresh Hope..it might be just what I Need to get my Mojo back...take care & Rest that Hand when you get Home..
Hugs

Janice said...

All the best with your surgery. Your studio looks fabulous now. I'm glad your mojo was hidden there. Make the most of not being able to do much, as I'm sure you'll be itching to start stitching when you are all better.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi sweet Fee!
Darling my mojo has returned by just LOOKING at your wonderfully tidy and inspirational studio! Wishing you well for tomorrow sweetie, and thinking of you. Isn't Jo just the sweetest?

I love your block for Fresh Hope sweetie, so innocent and pretty. It has been a wonderful journey hasn't it?!

Hugs sweetie! Theresa xxxxxxxx

Anita said...

I wish you a lot of succes with your surgery.
Anita
http://avander.web-log.nl

Lulu said...

Wishing you all the best for your op. And that cheesecake made me so hungry, I had to go and make some dessert. I looove my sweet things.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Ah gorgeous girl, what a busy bee you were today!! It was such a gift to stand alongside you as we 'carried' in our hearts this 'Springtime - Fresh Hope' dream, and watched it breathe life! You are a giver of great depth my sweet Fee, and I love ya to bits!!
Now, any chance Jo or Amy will post me some of that toffee slice?????

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

All the best with you op tomorrow Fiona....hubby had his right hand operated on & got quite good at doing everyday tasks with his left hand. Your new designed tablerunner looks beautiful.
Jane.

BubzRugz said...

So glad mojo is back.... love little Miss Amy's work.... All the best for surgery tommorrow - will be thinking ofyou.... Hugz
Fiona

KaHolly said...

It's funny that we all do the same things to re-establish our 'mojo'! The quilt you all made for Fresh Hope is stunning. I love your block! Miss Amy did a great job on her little stitchery/pillow. Good luck with your surgery. I'll be thinking of you. ~karen

Joy McD said...

Your sewing room looks great, and Amy's stitchery is gorgeous! All the best with surgery and enjoy your rest and the movies :)
lv,
Joy

Allie said...

I love the quilt, I love your block! And I love your super clean sewing room. I love Miss Amy's little pillow, she did a wonderful job!
Your runner is really pretty, Fiona! What a lovely friend you have to bring you so many movies. I'm praying everything goes well for you, and that you recover very quickly. There's a lot that goes into preparing for something like this, and it sounds like you're right on top of having your household ready. I look forward to hearing good reports on your recuperation!
And I LOVE YOUR OWLS!!!

Phyllis said...

Just think - everything is all organized and tidy; you've got yummies baked and food cooked. You've got nothing to worry about while you recuperate, so just rest up so you can create more lovely designs!

Mistea said...

Love your daughter's cushion - cute!

That table runner is looking gorgeous.

Wishing you a speedy recovery - doesn't the doctor know that not sewing will increase your recovery time!

teresa said...

All the best Fee on your surgery. I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way and hopes of a SPEEDY recovery. I hope the time goes very quickly for you and you are able to get back into your sewing. Enjoy your dvds... you can't beat chick flicks xx

Jeni said...

Good luck on your surgery,
Glad your mojo has come back

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

All the best for your surgery Fee...thinking of you!!! Now how cools is it that your mojo has come back...and look at all those chick flicks...Enjoy the movies and take care...Dzintra♥x

creativity amongst chaos said...

Best wishes to you Fee! I have to do enough stitching for the both of us! Your room is beautiful, I am quite jealous! Jo is quite thoughtful to bring you such a wonderful stack of movies to watch. Have a wonderful and restful break! Get well soon, Hugs -Cori

KAYLEE said...

I hope all went well with your surgery this morning Fiona. Best wishes with the recovery, enjoy the movies. Hugs Kaylee

Elyte said...

Good luck with the surgery and make sure you do everything the good doctor tells you. That makes for a speedy recovery.