Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Busy Weekend in the MC Household.......

This weekend has gone past in a blur........ I am Chief Taxi Driver around here and have spent the majority of the weekend ferrying the family around. I did manage to move some recently painted furniture into the house. Here is a little occassional table with metal feet. I have had it for ages and have only just painted it. I am really happy with the way it has turned out.

Do you remember the blue book case that I purchased a few weeks ago?


It is finally painted and in our dining room.

It looks a little bare at the moment but Mr MC assures me that I will collect more "junk" to put on it in the coming weeks - LOL........ He really has no appreciation for treasures......



I have a few more pieces of furniture undercoated and waiting for more coats - Hopefully this week I will find the time.....




Slowly but surely I am working away on my Simple Pleasure Blocks - I am 1/2 way through Block 5 at the moment.


and I have finished 2 designs this week. Here is my "Heartfelt Doily"




I finished stitching this yesterday whilst watching the footy. Did you watch the amazing draw too....... How cool that we get to watch another game for the season. I did feel very sorry for the players though they all played so hard.


And I finished a Hanging Fragrant heart stuffed with gorgeous home grown lavender.
I am cooking Chicken Wellingtons tonight for dinner and had best go and take them out of the oven. I hope you had a lovely weekend.





10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fee did you forget to sleep......love the revamp on the furniture.....the stitcheries look fantastic......and your new projects, very very nice....love the doily......

Deb said...

Gosh Fee you've been a busy beaver. Everything is looking beautiful. Love your wee doily, so cute and your furniture-absolutely perfect, everything is

Vicki ♥ said...

Love your shelves Fee and your doily is just so pretty....I love it and your little heart...wow...you have been very busy :) hugs Vicki xoxoxx

Isabella said...

All lovely Fiona where do you get the time ??? loved your doily and sweet wee heart

CurlyPops said...

What a difference a nice coat of white paint makes!

Joy said...

What a transformation, that bookcase looks fabulous ... and I'll bet it won't be bare for too long, you find the bestest treasures!!! LOVE your doily, I really do, so pretty. Boy you've been busy ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Allie said...

Wow Fee - your little table and bookcase look so wonderful - so professionally done! That bookcase is a great place to show off your treasures!
Your little stitcheries are so cute, and your new design is just gorgeous!!! Your little heart is darling as well. My goodness you're busy for someone who's been taxi-ing!

teresa said...

Wow your furniture looks beautiful.. Loving all the white and I'm sure you will find lots of gorgeous things to put in the cupboard. Men they just don't get it do they?

Wendy said...

What a productive weekend you had! I love the table mat, your stitcheries are gorgous and I can't resist hanging hearts! The furniture looks great too, if only I could find the time...

The Pink Poodle said...

Hi Fee...honestly I do NOT know where you get the time to do ALL that you do..??

taxi driver...

painter...

stitcher...

quilter..

sewer....I am breathless & in AWE!~~

all look fabulous..

still cold in tassie??

xx andrea