Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Finish, Some Re-Styling and Some Inspiration

After stalking the mailman for 2 days my Bliss yardage finally arrived yesterday and I was able to finish my latest design "Blissful Garden"

It is now all packed up and ready to be shipped off to the quilter to work her magic. As soon as it arrives home and is bound I will introduce you to her.

I recently purchased 2 of these vintage lamp shades from the local thrift shop for 50c each. Tonight I decided to give them a new look.


I decided on some pink and white gingham with some white trim.




And some soft cream with pink feathers and ecru trim.




And transformed them into "shabby lovelies"




They were so easy to do with just spray on adhesive and craft glue.



A huge box of new stock arrived this week for my Ebay shop including this beautiful hand dyed wool in the most beautiful colours. This will be my weekend inspiration and I am pretty sure that I know what it wants to be made into. Stay Tuned.......
Seude Thimble Pads, Embroidery Scissors, Wool Felt, Buttons, Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt Squares and much much more have just been listed from this latest shipment. Pop over here for a LOOK SEE.













12 comments:

Little Ted Canvas said...

Those lampshades are fabulous!

Vicki ♥ said...

Lampshades are really pretty Fee :) You are so clever. Tell me.....what is that counter on the right counting down to? It says so many days until A big change will happen? What is happening then Fee :) hugs Vicki

Sew Useful Designs said...

Your sneak peek looks delicious Fee - what beautiful fresh colours, designs and fabrics! Gorgeous lampshades too - I love seeing what you've been repurposing - you're so very good at it!

Hugs sweetie! Vikki xx

Sheila said...

Can't wait to see what the quilt looks like , the sneak preview looks wonderful . Those lamp shades look so sweet , great job

creativity amongst chaos said...

The quilt looks beautiful Fee. I found myself moving my head around to get a better peek at it! I just love this fabric line, it is so cheery. Your lampshades look lovely, and I can't wait to see what you do with that felt! Hugs -Cori

Kirie said...

As always, lovely ^.^
the lamp shades are just perfect.

Allie said...

Your quilt looks SO pretty, and I love those lampshades - gorgeous!

Cardygirl said...

Great lampshades...love your Bliss quilt.

Melinda said...

The lampshades look just great.

Contented Caroline said...

Everything looks so lovely - can't wait to see your completed quilt. have you entered my giveaway yet?

Micki said...

I love your lampshades. They are so romantic looking!
Micki

John'aLee said...

What darling lampshades! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Your work is beautiful.