Monday, October 4, 2010

1st Christmas Freebie + A Recipe

Today was my turn to offer a Free Design on the Among The Gumtrees web site. I chose to make a Christmas Treats Recipe Folder. It is a cover for an A4 display book and is designed to keep all of the recipes inside that you will be baking for your christmas feast.

I have also included a Free Printable Shopping List so that you can write the ingredients needed onto the list ready for your christmas shopping. As an added bonus each week I will be offering you a FREE printable Christmas Treats recipe from my very own recipe book. All of the recipes are tried and loved by my family. This week I have made some Cheesecakes and have the recipe at the end of this post to start you off.

I made the cheesecakes for my son's birthday tea that we had last night. This is his baby daughter Mia who I had the pleasure of looking after for the weekend. She is such a doll and grandbaby No 3 for me. Did I tell you that I have another grand baby due in February? Sam is having her 3rd bubba and is due on Valentine's Day.



Now back to those cheesecakes. They are so easy to make and so so delicious. I made a Violet Crumble variety as well as a Crunchie one. Both were very popular at dessert last night.



They can be made a few days ahead so are perfect for festive baking.


And of course they taste delicious. I also heard a rumour that they are calorie free but of course that has not been confirmed. You can download the recipe sheet HERE to make your own. Every Monday from now until Christmas (Just 82 sleeps) I will upload a new recipe to share with you.






14 comments:

Robyn said...

The recipe looks lovely and it's in my computer recipes folder now. Lol, since you changed your site my computer keeps warning me about it being a 'new' site and cautions downloading then gives me the all clear that the download was safe afterwards :)!

Sheila said...

I love reading your blog, everyday something new. Thanks you so much for the pattern and recipe, you are so generous. What a cutie pie your granddaughter is! Have a great day.

Mamacessories said...

I look forward to your blog - I always feel like I am reading a note from a friend! THank you so much for the pattern and the recipe. But most of all thanks for sharing a picture of Mia - what a doll!

KaHolly said...

Wonderful post today, Fee. The recipe looks just delicious and baby Mia is most precious. You always have such good ideas, and your recipe book pattern, etc. is no exception! Thanks so much. ~karen

Karen 'n Chris said...

Mia is so cute and I Love the curly Christmas Tree. I am trying to find a legit excuse to make the cheesecake. There are only 2 of us in the house and a whole cheesecake is way toooooooo evil!
Thanks heaps - lol.
Regards Karen
p.s. I have assembled all required for Sammy, just need to be able to stitch.

Maria said...

Mia is just gorgoeous!! Lovely smile.
Thank you for the curly xmas tree . A great little stitchery to sit and made.
OH yum will keep that recipe too.

NancyB85374 said...

Thank you, Fee for the Cristmas Treats embroidery pattern. I love it. What a beautiful grandbaby.

Allie said...

Thank you so much for the lovely design, Fee, such a fun thing - and a recipe too, yum! Mia is SO beautiful, would you look at that smile - I don't think I could bear to put her down. I can't wait to be a grandma! Happy Birthday to your son!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fee thanks for the awesome pattern and recipe....how cute is your little Mia...and congrats on another grandbaby.....gee I wish I could get one...LOL...

Pam said...

Thanks Fee for the super pattern and the recipes, they're much appreciated.

mandapanda said...

Oh my! Mia is just sooooo cute!!! And wow, another grandbaby in Feb! You're not old enough!
Thanks for the recipe!!

MARYNAN said...

Fiona your little granddaughter is just so beautiful. Arn't grandchildren just the bees knees? DH and I have 2, granddaughter aged 2 and grandson who will turn 1 on the 7/10. We had to wait soooooooooo long for them, and then our son and daughter-in-law produced two in 13 months. I am still waiting for our adopted Indian daughter to give us some lovely brown babies too. We have two boys I gave birth to and our beautiful daughter who will be 30 in January.
One son will be 39 in Dec. and the father of our grandchildren will be 36 in April. We were young parents (21 and 22) and our daughter was born in India just after I turned 30. She arrived in Oz when she was 13 months old. I keep thinking our daughter may miss the baby boat. She has been engaged for about 5 years.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Gorgeous Fee,
Hugs, Sharon

Denysem said...

Thank you for your generosity! Beautiful design and very tasty recipe!
Hugs