Monday, October 25, 2010

Home from Camp


Yesterday we arrived back home from Quilt Camp at Hagley in the North of Tasmania.  Jo and I travelled up together and had a lovely time browsing lots of shops along the way.  Camp was full of lots of lovely ladies and lots of yummy food and a few glasses of nice wine. 

I finally got to meet the lovely Pauline from Calico Crossroads - We have been e-mail pals for ages and it was so lovely to finally meet her - Take my word for it she is a real doll and her shop is gorgeous.  I had a lovely time and we have already booked in for next year and intend to go for an extra day in 2011.  I can't wait !  A huge thanks to Sarah and Cathy for organising it all.

Have you joined Helen's Stitching around the block?  I am in a group with Peg, Liz and Vicki (who I met at quilt camp - She is just a gorgeous gal )  Here is my block which will be winging it's way to Queensland tomorrow.


I worked on a few different projects at camp including this post and rail quilt for Amy in gorgeous "Sorbet" fabrics.  I am not far off finishing the quilt front and then it will be off to Sarah for quilting.


Talking about quilting.........  I picked up my Flower Garden quilt at camp from Sarah.


I remembered to pack the binding fabric so was able to attach it.


Sarah did a beautiful job of the quilting it compliments the stitched and applique flowers.


The white on white fabric teamed with Bliss gives the quilt a lovely fresh look.


It is quite a simple design but very achievable for everybody.  I try not to complicate my designs and I like to think that they are quick and easy to make.

I will be back on Thursday with some more re-purposed items and I will show you some photo's from camp later in the week.

Hugs,

FEE                     XXXXXXXXXXXX


11 comments:

marina said...

Your stitchery looks lovely, I like the appliqued petals, they are a really great touch.
Your quilt is just beautiful, are the fabrics from the Bliss range? I think I recognise some of them.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The quilts look great Fee...so pleased you had a fab time...love what you have done with the block....

Vicki ♥ said...

Glad you had a beaut time away with Jo and by the sounds of it you got a fair bit of sewing done.
Your quilt is lovely and its amazing how quilting changes the look of them. Gotta love it! hugs Vicki xoxox

KaHolly said...

Delightful post today, Fee. Very glad you had such a lovely time. Loved how your stitchery turned out and the quilt, in all its simplicity, is absolutely precious. Look forward to the future photos from camp. Now to return, with pleasure, to your post and check out all your links. ~karen

Pauline said...

a "few" different projects??? hmmm few dozen you mean..it sure was fun fee..was great to meet you and Jo..

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Pretty fabrics! Love the embroidery in the quilt.

Allie said...

Woo your block is lovely! Love the rail quilt, that's one of my favorite designs and the colors are luscious. Your Flower Garden quilt is stunning - I love love love your designs - beautiful simple lines and extremely effective!

Shannon said...

That stitcher is so nice. I love how you put fabric in the flowers. I love all your work. Thank you for sharing.

Jo in TAS said...

Thanks for being my chaffeur, it was so lovely spending time with you and all the other girls!
Hugs
Jo

Farmyard Crafts said...

WOw! Love what you've done with your stitchery!!

Kerri said...

Your quilt look lovely. And the quilting. Love your stitchery. I have used some variegated too. Would have love to been on camp with you. Maybe another time