Thursday, October 14, 2010

Re-Purposed Thursday at Fee's - Want to Play?


Sadly we live in a disposable society where if something is broken we generally throw it out and buy another.  I am guilty of this, as are most of us I think.......  I thought it would be nice if each week on a Thursday we showed our blogging community things that we have given a new life to or have used for another purpose.  It may be something that you already had and have re-purposed, or something that you have purchased to re-purpose.  There are no rules just inspiration and new ideas for us all.

I adore cut flowers in the house and when this gorgeous vintage tea pot became lidless it began a new life as a cute little vase.


And this one was a glass cannister with a cork lid which I decided to no longer use.  It is now a vase too.

So what have you re-purposed?

Here is Mr Linky for you to add your link so that we can all be inspired by you.




Hugs, Fee


11 comments:

Karen 'n Chris said...

This is something I have always done, re-purpose. My father calls me a magpie but he was the recipient of the biggest hand built re-purposing I have ever done. Made a coffee table out of left over Jarrah flooring. Must get a pic of it. Now all I have to do is find the things I have re-purposed because they have just become the norm here and I don't really see them any more. Does that make sense?

Robyn G. said...

Fee, this is a great idea and I'm loving some of the games popping up in blogland presently.
Right now I can't think of anything, but I have been known to put things 'to work' in different ways.
Will keep my eyes peeled now for Thursdays!

Your teapots are wonderful!!!

Shiree said...

What a great idea Fee, and likely we will all learn some from each other huh. Hmmm will have tolook around and see what I can post about, sure I won't have to look too hard tho!

Faye said...

Hi Fee. Well, I've got a couple of re-cycled veggie patch containers at present. One is the kids old canoe that now has cucumber, raddish, carrots, beetroot, rocket and english spinach growing in it. And yesterday, DH was going to toss an old wheelbarrow to the tip, but I managed to convince him it should also be a veggie container. We have to grow in containers cos we have so many trees on our 5 acre block - too many roots invading the soil.

Sarah said...

They look great Fee!
I have joined up too....
x Sarah

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love what you have done Fee...I will play next week....

Allie said...

I am in love with that teapot - it looks gorgeous as a vase! I do that too. I fall in love with something, and use it for some other purpose.

welsh penny said...

Hi,yes I am re-purposing something this very weekend! do I put a picture on my blog on thursday? Gail

Highland Monkey's said...

I have re-cycled lots of old furniture by painting them.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

That teapot is so pretty. Repurposing is a wonderful thing to do! My grandma was the queen at repurposing and especially glueing things back together! There is too much thrown away in our world!

kathyros said...

Fee, this is a great idea - I love it.I do not have a blog but I will defiantely be thinking about re-purposing things. I follow your blog nearly every day and love the little snippets, recipes, things you have rescued from the op shop etc. Thoroughly enjoyable, thank you, Kathy