Thursday, October 21, 2010

Re-Purposed Thursday

Goodmorning.  Yes I know I said I would be early ......... the sleep in gremlins visited and said it was ok :)

So how are you going with re-purposing?  This week I am going to show you some items that I have saved from land fill or worse , I have fixed or painted them and now they serve in a new role in our home.


Do you remember this little shelf?  It was natural wood and has been poorly made - But I think that adds to it's charm.  One draw doesn't fit properly and someof the wood is cracked.  It has been given the white treatment and now lives in our front foyer.  Can you see the framed photograph on the top?  I purchased it with 2 broken corners.


I managed to glue the corners back together - You can still tell that they were broken but only just.  It now holds a photo of our 2 youngest girls that they took themselves and I discovered hiding away on the SD Card.  I just love their self portrait.


This little table was a nice find - It was green in a past life - It is made from pre-used timber.  It too was given the white treatment.



And this basket after being painted and cleaned up now holds one of my favourite quilts.

Want to Play too? Just add your link here.


8 comments:

paulette said...

Some GREAT finds!!
Paulette

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fee..I totally agree with Paulette ....makes you want to go to the second hand shop...

KaHolly said...

Love what you've accomplished! Everything looks so sweet. I am away from home and unable to participate, but should the opportunity arise, I'll jump on it. ~karen

Allie said...

You are amazing! I love all your finds and fix-its - so beautiful, Fiona! Everything just adds more charm.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Fiona these all look great! You did an amazing job!

Jeni said...

I just love finding treasures at second hand shops...............
all looks so great ..ands i love white

BubzRugz said...

Great to give new life to these lovely pieces....
I didn't properly join in this week as I posted on Wednesday but I am sure you will agree my tea-lights qualify as repurposed!
Hugz

Serenata said...

Isn't it great this repurposing lark! You have made good use of these pieces and a pot of paint and they look really good.