Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This Week's Recipe - Berry Trifle


Our home is full of yearly traditions at Christmas - One of those is a Berry Trifle for Dessert.  My sister is "Chief Trifle Maker"  And she makes a lovely one.  HERE is the recipe.  How are you going with your Christmas Treats Recipe Book?  I have seen some lovely ones.  It is nice to have all of your Festive Recipes in the one spot.  Next week I will share with you my Boiled Fruit Cake recipe which I have adapted over the years.  It is my husband's favourite cake. 
 Picture belongs to www.taste.com.au


I am getting low on traced stitcheries in my basket that I keep beside my recliner.  I love to stitch of an evening whilst spending time with my family and really need to have a few hours tracing off some more.  This one is the centre piece of a pattern written by my lovely friend Dawn of "Dawn Hay Designs".  It is from her peaches and Cream pattern.  I of course had to make mine in shabby pink and green - LOL.


And here is the beginnings of a new design.  Besides Flowers and Hearts that I love to use in my designs,  I like birds almost as much.  Isn't this cute?



I have chosen all of my fabrics for the Stitching Around the Block Quilt and sent them off to Liz yesterday.  I have used the fabric range "Sweet Divinity" from Riley Blake Designs.  I have also sent a little note book for the girls to write whatever they like inside.  It will be a nice little keepsake of our journey together.

Don't forget that tomorrow is Re-Purposed Thursday so get snapping with your camera.


10 comments:

Maree: said...

That Trifle looks Divine!!!..& I Love your Fabric choice for Helen's swap..looking forward to seeing your New Design I Too love Birds...
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yum to the trifle it looks so good Fee....love you stitchery and how good does you "Stitching Round The Block" look, love your fabric...

Liz said...

Your stitchery looks gorgeous and the fabrics too. Look forward to receiving it ready for the next round.
The trifle looks amazing too. Yummo

Allie said...

I should have waited to read your blog until morning - it's almost 1am and now I'm hungry!
Love Dawn's design, and of course your new one you're making - I love birds too!

Jo in TAS said...

Trifle has got to be my most favourite desert! We have it every xmas too. Love Dawn's design and your Stitching Around the Block fabrics.

Vicki ♥ said...

Love trifle Fee and its so easy to make which is the best bit.
Love all your fabrics you have for the stitching around the block and what is the bird shape made from? Its gorgeous! Hugs Vicki xxx

Teresa said...

A feast for the eye and the tummy on your blog today. Your design with so pretty and your embroidery lovely. I just love the way embroidery has made a big comeback!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Yum to your trifle! I will have to organize myself a recipe/binder for all your lovely recipes!
Beautiful stitching around the block
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Leeanne said...

WOW, I like you've added fabric petals to your Stitchin Around the Block! Very cool, I never thought of that, nice colours too.

KaHolly said...

Oh, yummy!!! Can't wait to put one together over the holidays. Thanks so much for the recipe. Like you, I keep a pile of traces for handwork. This one came out so sweet!