Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Berry Berry Good .......


Summer is my favourite time of year.  We are almost 2 weeks into summer and the warm days are becoming more frequent.  The garden is in bloom and the air has a sweet smell about it.



Our garden is gifting us with some beautiful berries as the moment.  I picked Raspberries and Strawberries tonight and they taste delicious.


It doesn't matter what it is but if it is home grown it always tastes better.........


Especially with a dollop of whipped cream.



Hubby's favourite cake is date loaf so tonight I baked him one.  We love to have it hot out of the oven with a scoop of cream.


Something else that I am cooking up at the moment is a new quilt design.  It all started when I unwrapped this delicious bundle of Park Avenue.


The lovely muted tones and patterns look so lovely together.


The fabrics have been short listed and some designs have been drawn up in my lovely sketch book that Joy gave me for christmas last year.



I have chosen the threads so all I need now is the time to start.......  I am hoping that I can begin over the christmas break.  What do you have planned?  Are you going away for a short break?

  We are having a totally unplanned break - Just going with the flow.  No lists or chores to be done just lots of R & R and hopefully lots of stitching.


So now I am counting down the days until that break begins.


16 comments:

Tarnyia said...

Beautiful fresh fruit from your own garden there is nothing like it... and those fabric's are gorgeous xxx

Jo in TAS said...

Think we should have a day of R&R stitching together over the holidays!

teresa said...

I want a day of R & R stitching with you and Jo too Fee... would be so much fun... bring those strawberries and raspberries along too. They look so good xx That fabric is beautiful. I've been eyeing it off as well :) Oh... and loving your new blonde look... it really suits you!

Joy said...

Oh Fee your post has left me drooling ... first my very favourite berries, do love me some raspberries - yumm!!! Then the yummy cake, and as if that's not enough your delish "Park Avenue"!!!!
Oh, and count me in for that R&R stitching day with you and Jo and Teresa, sounds like great fun :o)!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Bonniedoo said...

we are not quite into winter here and we woke up to -16C his morning-your beautiful berries hint at what waits for us...in 7 or 8 months from now!!!! brrrrrrrrrrr

Kali said...

Oh my, your homegrown berries look so good...i'm drooling! And that date cake doesn't look to shabby either...yum!
xo, Kali

Mad about Craft said...

I am so jealous! Here we are in the UK, up to our armpits in freezing temps. Your soft fruits are a lovely reminder of summer temps!

Mommarock said...

This is berry beautiful! Those colors are just enough to make me drool! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Your designs are always so beautiful!

Shannon said...

We are in full swing winter so it is so nice to see the sweet summer berries on your post. I love your hair color. It really suits you. Those fabrics are so beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Michelle said...

Ooohhh yummy,(insert drool here) the berries and the fabrics!

Nancy said...

Wow...you are making me jealous! Winter's creeping in around here and I've been a baking fool. Packing on the pounds instead of eating lovely fresh fruit. Boo.
Love the new quilt inspiration! Can't wait to see it in progress.

Allie said...

Ah summer - a long way away for me - but I love looking at your gorgeous pics!! I'm really looking forward to your new quilt, those fabrics are really lovely. Enjoy your break - wish I was getting one!

Melinda said...

You're a domestic goddess Fiona, you make me feel very lazy. lol
My raspberries don't look anything like being ready soon, sadly.

paulette said...

NOW you're cooking...looks YUMMY!
Paulette

Sew Useful Designs said...

Wow Fee - those berries look delicious! Whcn can I pop over for afternoon tea? *wink*!!

Your excitement is contagious sweetie, can't wait to see what you're cooking up with Park Avenue!

As for the R&R - EXCELLENT!!!! Good on you sweetie!!! :-)

Chat soon! Loadsa love!
Vikki xoxo :-)

Joy McD said...

Such yummienest in one post :) Mmmmmm :)
lv,
Joy