Friday, January 28, 2011

New Additions to our Family

No Isabelle hasn't arrived yet but hopefully she will be born over the weekend as her mum is going into hospital on Sunday morning to be induced.  But we do have some new additions to our family today.


2 Years ago 6 lovely ladies came to live with us and have given us a wonderful supply of eggs ever since.  Every now and again one of them gets a little clucky (broody) but our latest broody girl was worse than usual so in the absence of a "husband" we purchased her some fertile eggs to nest on.


 3 weeks later and we have some baby chicks born this afternoon


So far we have 3 new additions - They are so cute !!


What do you have planned this weekend?  I have the grand babies coming to stay whilst their little sister is being born. So not much sewing will get done - They like to help in the kitchen so we might try to get some baking done and maybe bottle some of the apricots which are starting to ripen on our trees.


Do you like my new scented flower buds that I just bought?  I wish you could smell them - They smell divine.


And this gorgeous scented ceramic rose diffuser - I have never seen them before.


It is beautifully formed isn't it?




Oh .... I almost forgot to tell you that I have a new little friend coming to stay with me - I will tell you more once she arrives early next week.  So wherever you are have a wonderul weekend and I hope you get time to do what you love.  I am hoping to make a start on this new stitchery - Fingers crossed anyway.

Love and Hugs,

Fee XX

13 comments:

Jilly said...

The new little chicks are adorable so cute!
Your daughter is in my prayers that all will go well!!!
oxoxo

Barb said...

When you said week-end, I had to go and look at your date, is it the week-end already?

My husband loves to raise chickens. He misses doing that.

Maria said...

How cute are those chicks. Your Granndies will love to see them.
Enjoy the kids and looking forward to seeing photos of Isabelle soon.

shez said...

How cute are those little chickens and love your flowers especially the ceramic one,all the best for your new arrival and have an awesome weekend with the littles.
cheers Shez
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

retdairyqueen said...

Love the rose diffuser
Hope all goes well with the bub

Dawn said...

adorable chicks...

KaHolly said...

Sweet chicks! Fresh eggs are the best. New babies tickle my fancy, too. Looking forward to the 'announcement' and photos, karen

De said...

Very Cute little chicks. I have had a great time browsing your blog and I feel a connection as I am an ex Brighton girl myself

Allie said...

The baby chicks are so darling!! Enjoy your time with the grands, dear Fee - I love your roses, what lovely things, I've never seen them before either. I can't wait to meet your new friend, something tells me it might be a sewing machine???? That would be fun!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your new additions.....we also have new babies...we have 'ducks'...6 of them, we did loose about 6 as it was so hot the day they were born...love the flower...so a new friend....Sounds exciting.

Michelle said...

Aww cute chicks, a few years ago one of our bantams disappeared we couldn't find her anywhere,we thought a hawk had gooten her. But a few weeks later she came home with 15 new babies trailing along behind her!!!

Pauline said...

awwwww how cute..wonder who your little friend is..we wait with bated breath..curiouser and curiouser..Hope you having a great weekend..

Michelle May said...

Oh how sweet!!!
xx, shell