Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not long to go now ....


It is only a week today until all of the gumnut girls fly into Brisbane.  We are packing madly and things are getting a tad bit exciting. 

The girls let me know last night that I will be the last nutter to arrive in Brisbane - I have been warned to wear protective clothing so that I don't get crushed in the stampede for hugs - So if you know of anyone who will be on that flight or anywhere in the vicinity of the Brisbane arrivals lounge - Make sure they stay clear !!  Nutters in full flight won't be pretty - LOL


I have just had word this morning that Vignette Issue 2 will be released in a week or so. 

 Unfortunately I have made the decision to not order any more stock for awhile until I decide where I am heading but you can do what I have done and pop over to my gorgeous friend Sarah's shop and sign up for the next issue for $15.00 (Bargain) or A Full year's subscription for $60 (That's what I did).  Her shop is PATCHWORKS PLUS.



Whilst you are browsing through Sarah's shop you might like to sign up to Lynette Anderson's new Button Club "Christmas Fun" - It costs just $93 for the whole 8 months and each month you receive a button and the free pattern for that month - I love christmas quilts and am currently working on 2 so why not add another?


The winter's here in Tasmania can be very harsh but with mother nature playing all sorts of havoc throughout the southern hemisphere I have a feeling that this year is going to be worse than usual. 

 I love nothing more than to sit in front of the fire with my stitching on my lap so I have signed up for 2 BOM's to keep me occupied.  I have plenty of UFO's to work on but most require machine stitching so these two will fulfil my love of applique and stitching.

The first is Berries & Bluebirds by Gail Pan.  I purchased it here.


The second is one that I pre-ordered many months ago from the Fat Quarter Shop and is called "Cottage Charm" - Isn't it lovely?

In between stitching all of these new lovelies which will be arriving at my place soon I will be stitching up a number of new designs in my sketch book.  I love so many other designers that sometimes I find it hard to find the time to play with my own stuff - It seems to be a continous juggling act but one that I enjoy.

So the challenge for me now is to finish these newly ordered projects and not let them become a 2012 UFO statistic.

I will do my best.

Hugs - Fee XX

14 comments:

shez said...

Have fun Fee(hope you dont get crushed,lol)
Cheers shez

fialka012 said...

Hezký blog...

Michelle May said...

Sounds like you're going to have a really fun time!
Love all the projects you are working on. Winter is the best time for stitching. We have had crazy weather this year. I'm ready for Spring!
xx, shell

KaHolly said...

It will be so much fun to read all about your visit on everyone's blogs. I just know you'll have a grand time. Happy stitching.

Allie said...

I cannot wait to see pics from this epic meeting, Fee! Someone needs a video camera. Love your new projects, especially the Cottage Charm - won't that be a fun one to work on! I hope you don't get a bad winter hon, it seems weather worldwide is messed up!

Now - go get packing!!!

Shirley said...

Your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I hope you post pictures of your projects when you are finisherd. Winter is definitely the best time to work on projects. We have all had crazy weather and they have us in a winter storm watch until 9 P.M. tomorrow evening. I hope it misses us, but I don't think that it will Have a great day. A Missouri Friend.

Sarah said...

Have a fantastic time Fee!

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Fee
Sounds like loads of fun!
Be good won't you!!

Gail xx

Maria said...

It will be so much fun in Brisbane. Just enjoy.

What beautiful stitchery you have bought. Will be delightful sitting in front of your fire to stitch

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

you gals are going to have so much fun...sitting in front of a fire stitching...sounds like bliss to me fee...i can't do anything like that for 6 weeks minimum...have a safe trip...dzintra
ps wondering what the big change on your side bar is

Vicki ♥ said...

Oh Fee you find the most gorgeous things to sew :) Lovely patterns and I can imagine you stitching by the fire come winter time :)
I cant wait for the stampede too lol
hugs Vicki xx

Sarah said...

Hey Fee!
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the airport! Would be funny to see you all together lol!
x Sarah
PS: Vignette 1 year is $60 + post to AUS lol

teresa said...

I am SO glad you guys are meeting here in Brisbane.. I can't wait to see you in "real life" he he...Not long to go now.... xx

Julie said...

I just found your blog...it was a wonderful thing to wake up this morning to something so beautiful...simply beautiful...blessings to you...
julie
lifeatfirelakecamp.com