Monday, February 14, 2011

Well I'm glad that's behind me .........


Yesterday was Hobart Cup Day - The biggest horse race in the South of Tassie.  It is a popular day for thousands of race goers.



It is what has kept me busy for the past few weeks at work but now it is finally over and life can start to become normal again or whatever is the norm around here - LOL



During this past busy week we have had a birthday in our family. 



Miss Amy has turned 12.  Thanks so much to The Cheesecake Shop for this gorgeous strawberry gateau which was delicious !!



I have a few deadlines looming so have had to get a little sewing and stitching done each evening.  I am pleased to say that I seem to be still on schedule - I think.


I really like the Park Avenue range of fabrcis - It is so pretty, soft and feminine.


And I finally used the last of my Patisserie stash but this project was worth it. 


So now I can turn my attention to a couple of upcoming projects - One of them involves these gorgeous bags - I wonder what they could be?


Hmmm and all of this gorgeous white wicker and tin ware is heavily involved in another project - I am up to something - Anyone want to guess? 

I received a lovely gift in the mail last week I will take some pics as soon as I have found a nice spot for it and will show you next time.

Until then,

Hugs Fee XX

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!!! The cake looks scrumptious!
Not sure what you are making? maybe the tins will go inside the basket to store stuff???

shez said...

Hi Fiona and happy birthday Miss Amy hope you had a lovely day.
I have no idea what you are up to but it looks like fun,lol.
cheers shez

Isabella said...

Havent a clue Fiona and your not giving much away :) sorry to hear you have been soo busy

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to Amy....

Love your stitchery...

Michelle May said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Oh my gosh is that cake ever gorgeous! I could hop through the computer and eat a piece!
Can't wait to see what you are working on Fee. I know it will be fabulous!
Have a fun week and Happy Valentines Day.
xx, shell

Maria said...

Hope you had a lovely bithday Amy. Your cake looks delicious.

have no idea what you are up to Fee but will keep checking.

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oh yummo, I'm still reeling from the picture of the gateux - mmmm. Happy birthday Amy. The other goodies although not so calorie laden look just as enticing. Can't wait to see the results.
hugs
Miche'le

Maree: said...

Glad to hear you will have some time now to get things sorted...
Love your tablerunner...
not sure about the other things going on there but I do love the look of those Bags....
cheers

Allie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Amy!!! What a beautiful young lady! Oh that cake..or gateau, not sure what that is, but I could dive right in, no problem. I think I put inches on my waist just looking at it. Fee your projects are beautiful, I can't wait to see what you're up to!

teresa said...

Happy Birthday Amy... your cake looked delicious. I have no idea what you're up to Fee... but I just know it will be AWESOME. Love all the gorgeousness in this post!

De said...

Isnt it wonderful how kind and generous the cheesecake shop is by baking birthday cakes for everyone :) **giggle**. Looks like Amy had a great time

As for your latest projects - no idea.......... will be waiting in suspense

Diane said...

Everything looks so beautiful that you have created and the cake - yummo!
Blessings
Diane

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Birthday Amy....yummy looking cake....love all you show and tell Fee, glad to hear things can slow down just a little...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

happy birthday miss amy...always nice to have a birthday celebration in the house...mmm, i could do with a piece of that now ha ha, dzintra