Friday, March 18, 2011

The Weekend has almost arrived....


It is after 5pm on Friday here so it is officially the weekend and good news the sun is shining here in Tassie.


Do you have anything special planned this weekend?  Some of my bloggy friends are off on retreats including the Girls Day in The Country at Nundle - I know that they will all have a wonderful time.  I am going to have a little bit of "Fee" time this weekend.  2 Magazines that I recently subscribed to have arrived from the US.


As well as this lovely book which I recently ordered.  I can't wait to open the pages.  The front quote says it all "A dare to LIVE FULLY right where you are" 

I know that lots of bloggers have this book and rave about it so after this weekend I will tell you what I think.



I couldn't resist taking this pic of my pink and purple glass grapes sunbaking in the afternoon sun - Don't they look pretty.....



I also hope to get out in the garden this weekend and spend a few hours pottering. 


You never know I might even uncover some of my missing faeries in my garden like this little one.....


And hopefully I can grab a few more hours to do a bit of work on a quilt I am making for Sam's 21st.  I am making it out of my scrap basket - A sort of frugal challenge to myself.  I am also going to use the quilt as you go method.


It is going to be really bright and I know that she is just going to love it - Only problem is that they have a king size bed - OMG  what have I done??????

Anyway I had best be off - Hubby has offered to take me out for dinner and I am not saying no to that one.

Before I head off I wanted to tell you about some of the Japan Quake Appeal Auctions happening around blog land.  You can find the master list HERE.  I will be placing numerous bids to help in the raising of funds.  Pop over to my dear friend Allie's blog to read about her auction.

Have a lovely pieceful weekend.

Hugs,  Fee XXXX

12 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Your garden looks lovely Hope you get time to do your potting

Melody said...

Hi Fee,
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Wendy B said...

sounds like the perfect weekend Fee....can't wait to hear about it all after the weekend
sugary hugs always sweety
Wendy xxx :O)

Maggey and Jim said...

I love that expression "pottering".. It's what we do, in an out..garden is lovely.. I really like country living mag too.. great ideas and good pics..
Maggey

Allie said...

Such a pretty little bird - I used to subscribe to Country Living, I LOVE that magazine! Your glass grapes are really pretty in that bowl, Fee. Love the way the sun catches them.

It's almost warm enough here to work outside, no sign of green though. Well, maybe there is but you really have to look for it. We've decided to have a garden this year [pray for us] and will order seeds soon. Four complete city slickers trying to grow something to eat....lol....

Your quilt looks AMAZING. And I think you have nicer scraps than I do - wow girl! It's going to be a very beautiful quilt, but king size? ACK! I've only ever quilted one king size on my home machine, boy was it tough but I did it!

Thank you so much for mentioning the Quake Appeal, you darling girl!

Joy said...

I just LOVE the way your scrappy quilt is coming together, you have gawjus scraps Fee ;o)!!!
Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend :o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Fee,
What gorgeous pieces of work you have here!
Love your 'Hearts BOM' thank you for sharing.
Happy creating,
Hugs,
Anna

whistlebet57 said...

I just love the glass grapes. could you tell me where you purchased them. thank you for all the beautiful images and designs.
Elizabeth

Isabella said...

Love that you showed the little bird again I just love it, looks like some intresting reading going on at your place dont forget to lets know how your book turns out .

Roseanne said...

I do hope you get little bit of time to your self. Sam 21st quilt look like it is going to be lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

we had a great time at Girls Day in the Country...........I see your working on a few things...........hope dinner was nice.........

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Sounds like your weekend was truly perfect girlfriend!
xx, shell