Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Catch Up


Look what arrived at my place this week.  My Backing Kit, Background Fabric and 1st Month of Cottage Charm the BOM that I signed up for with Fat Quarter Shop.



It even comes with all of these cute pre-printed window scenes.


Aren't they gorgeous?




When I got home from work yesterday I couldn't resist opening it and looking at all of the gorgeous Robyn Pandolph fabrics included.  I then decided that I would piece it together.  The instructions were great and after only 1 episode of reverse sewing the block was together.



The instructions tell you to blanket stitch applique but I am going to give needle turn a go with this one and my gogeous friend Maree who has an on-line shop "Ollie & May" sent me a reel of "Bottom Line" Thread and some No 11 Millners Needles to try so now I have the block ready to start needleturning and will show you my progress in a few days.



This is what the finished quilt will look like.


I have also been busy working on my "Henrietta's Whiskers" Blocks.  I am now up to date and am waiting for the 5th April for the next block.  Maddie loves the little cushion I made her from the first mucked up block so I am sure she is going to love the finished quilt at Christmas time.




And I have been working on another secret project which I know that you are all going to love.  More news on that to come very soon.



I thought that I would also take the opportunity today to show you some recent patterns of mine that have been published.  This is my Shabby Gal Tote which is in Handmade Magazine Volume 28 No 11.



And my floral Heat Pack in Handmade Magazine - Volume 28 No 10

And a "Friends Love" in Patchwork & Stitching Volume 11 No 10.

I hope you have a lovely end of the week and an even better weekend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan who have suffered such terrible tragedy.

Hugs - Fee XX

26 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Great start on the new BOM and your Henrietta's Whiskers is looking gorgeous! Congrats on all your projects that have been published!!
Hugs
Jo

Dawn said...

Wow that BOM looks so girly and chic...just for you Fee....
Love the little house block...so gorgeous...
Some great projects published there...they can be added to my list?... definately...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Scottish Nanna said...

That Quilt looks Great Cant wait to see yours when you Do it.
Hugs Mary.

Allie said...

Sheesh more eye candy - beautiful projects Fee! I LOVE your Shabby Gal Tote! Oh heck, I love them all!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Everywhere I look there is pretty!
Congratulations on all your pieces in the magazines Fee! I'll have to get copies for me!
xx, shell

Penny said...

Agree with Allie...love them all!!! Can't wait to see your secret project :)

Karen said...

Pastel, soft & pretty colors. Love the house quilt. I don't think I have ever seen a house quilt I did not like.

De said...

Great new BOM Fee! Love the window scenes too. Your published projects look great! and cant wait to see the secret project!

Kerryanne English said...

Congrats on being published Fee. Gorgeous fabrics and kits to keep you hands busy too.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Farm Girl said...

Looks like the best kind of mail!
Congratulations on the lovely projects you've had published recently - they look wonderful!

RobynK said...

Catching up on my blog hopping and had a shock when I found Monty had her final sleep. Condolences on her loss. Our 12 year old cat prefers summer now so he'll be on special privileges when the cold weather begins.
Like all your new arrivals. Lol, I should make myself a heat pack for winter.

Shirley said...

Congratulations on your projects being published. I like your projects that you have been working on. I am sure that Henrietta's Whiskers will be loved very much. I will be looking forward to seeing your latest projects. Have a great day and weekend. Take care. A Missouri Friend.

Barb said...

I am just drooling over your post, that finished quilt is awesome (the one you are doing)...love the tote...

Shiralee Stitches said...

Aren't the little preprinted window designs cute...Lots of hours of enjoyment in this new quilt...have fun.

Roseanne said...

Come on girl slow down. Love your new BOM. It is going to be very pritty.

Shiree said...

WOW much busyness going on in your house then!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Fee! Busy week at your place by the looks of it! :0) Your house quilt is going to be sweet - have fun. And congrats on your recently published projects ... just think of all the people who will be enjoying being creative with your patterns! :0) Well done! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Isabella said...

Who is the lucky girl then ?
how did puss go at the show?

AnitaS said...

I love your new BOM. The fabric is so lovely.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Your Cottage Charm BOM is lovely, and I can certainly see why you chose it. It's so YOU! "Henrietta's Whiskers" is as cute as a button, and like you, I'm sure Maddie will love it. Congratulations on your patterns being published - you done good girl! And can't wait to see your secret project.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Fee, that new BOM is gorgeous!! I love houses...you know that. ;-)
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Quilt Kitty said...

Love the sneak peak already!

retdairyqueen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

You get so much accomplished! I am amazed.

Vanina said...

Qué lindos!!! Una belleza de trabajos!!!
Beso!

whistlebet57 said...

These look like fun. I love the Cottages. I am also doing the "Henrietta's Whiskers". I wish I could blog, but alas, i have not designed one yet. I would love to have two more entry's b ut until my sister designs one for me I cannot do it. Anyway thank you for sharing.
Elizabeth