Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Easter Break


How is your Easter break going?  I am hoping to spend some time on some almost completed projects.  I am off to Jo's for a stitching day tomorrow so lets hope we can get a bit done.


This is the needle roll project that I started at the Quilted Crow's gathering.  It is a Leanne Beasley design and has lots of stitching.  I am getting towards the end of it now.


With the weather being pretty bleek here this is what I was doing yesterday sitting in front of the heater in my recliner, slippers on and stitching on my lap.  Bliss !!


And trying to train this little fellow that when mummy has stitching on her lap there is no room for you and your little playful paws.  He is starting to catch on - Hasn't he grown? 


I have had a few baskets of easter eggs sitting around the house for a few weeks but I think there are holes in them?  I have to keep refilling them.  Nobody around here knows anything about it - I wonder if it is the easter bunny taking from us instead of giving?  Somehow I don't think so.


The baskets are the first thing the grand babies head for when they arrive. 


I can't say that I blame them - I am just a little partial to chocolate and especially easter egg chocolate - It has a taste all of it's own.


Each year I like to add a few ornaments to my easter display.  This one is gorgeous and has a glittery finish to him.


And this one is another of this year's additions.  I hope that you are having a restful break and have found a little time for "you".

I am off now to finish my needle roll.  Fingers crossed that next time I post I can show you the finished product.

Hugs,

Fee XX

12 comments:

Susan said...

HI Fee - sitting by the heater and stitching sounds wonderful to me - I too spent yesterday stitching - in front of the TV - very lazy - but with the FAN on - still in the high 20s here - can't wait for our brief day or two of winter! I love your sewing roll - hopefully she will publish it as a pattern one day - so I can add it to my UFO list! You too enjoy the break - I am loving mine so far - 1 day gone and 10 to go!! (Since Qld has a public holiday the Monday after a lot of people have taken the days in between off so we get an even longer break!!)

Jeanette said...

Can't wait to see the finished roll. Looks beautiful. The fur baby is gorgeous. Happy Easter you you & your family Fee. Hugs & Happy Stitching,

Jan said...

The needle roll looks great, Fee; I am SO impressed! Have fun with Jo. I'm having a very lazy time at home and really enjoying it.

Maree: said...

I Thought the same as Susan when I saw your Slippers let alone the Fire..we are still in shorts & t-shirts up here..lol
That Needle Roll is Divine..I want One!
Thanks for sharing your Gorgeous Home show us all your Beautiful Easter Goodness...
Glad you are having some ME Time...
Happy Easter
xx

shez said...

what a lovely post Fee and i love your needle roll case it will be good to see the finished article as your stitching is perfect on it,lol i can just picture the grandies running in for the easter eggs,have a safe and happy easter Fee

Maria said...

Looks great sitting in front of the heater sitching but here I have the fan on even now at 9am. Still very warm in the West.
What lovely Easter ornaments.

Enjoy the rest of your Easter.

Quilt Kitty said...

Your fur baby is so cute! Love your white bookcase & it's stylish display. Heater & slippers sounds lovely. Perth seems to return to summer each & every weekend but rain forecast (please, please, please) so due to go back down to the 20s instead of the 30s. You & Jo have a lovely time & Happy Easter. Tracee xx

Vicki ♥ said...

Yep the slippers are a happening thing here in my household too Fee :) I must go and buy a new pair as these ones are just a bit worn lol. I love your fire....nothing beats sitting next to one in the colder months. I really love your stitchery too and I am sure you will have a fab day with Jo :) Hugs Vicki xxx

May Britt said...

I have tried to train my little Rusken not to touch my needles and pins but with no success yet LOL
And he steals my fabric some times LOL Grabs it in his mouth and run.
Happy easter to you all :)

Dawn said...

Oh Havefun titching with Jo...big hugs to you all... Happy Easter and stay cosy....can't wait to see the roll finished...
Hugs Dawn x x

Allie said...

Your stitching is lovely Fee, and sounds very cozy - I'm happy to report that I'm stitching in front of an open window, finally, lol! Kitty is SO gorgeous, and all your decorations are so pretty - especially the eggs, lol, I agree, they have a special holiday taste to them!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Slippers and stitching just seem to go hand in hand...uh maybe foot! hee,hee,hee.
Kitty boy has grown so much! What a handsome fella!
xx, shell