Monday, April 4, 2011


How was your weekend?  Did you get much done?  I had a pretty full weekend - Full of the normnal things like housework and running the family around but I did make some time to sew and also a little treasure hunting.

I had an extra block leftover from Sam's Quilt so decided to make a matching cushion.  My scrap bin sure looks much better now.


I also made this travelling bag for holding smalls (A nice name for knickers and bits).  I like little sayings and this one is one of my favourites "Do What You Love and Love What You Do"



Also I am currently sewing a complete set of sewing bits - A Bag, Needle Book, Thread Holder etc etc This pin cushion is from the same family.  It has a weighted bottom so sits nicely and does what it is told.


This is some of the stitched flowers from the sewing bag. 


I haven't been treasure hunting for ages - I just simply have had no time but having to do a "work run" for Kaitlin on Sunday I decided to pop into the local markets.  I have been wanting a new drawer set for my sewing room for such a long time.


Well look what I found.....  Isn't it delightful?



I moved it straight into it's new spot and quickly filled it to the brim - I am ashamed to say that not all of my stash off the bolt fitted but I did make a good dent in it.

Don't you just love it when something actually works out how you wanted it to for a change?

Let's hope the coming week is as good.

Enjoy yours.

Hugs - Fee XX

18 comments:

ange_moore said...

Those drawers were an amazing find (and I'm talking about the chest of drawers - not the drawers that might go into your bag of smalls)!!

Allie said...

The cushion is perfect Fee! I love it. And your little smalls bag - interesting expression, never heard it before, but now I think I need a bag for mine. Darling pincushion and flowers.
The dresser is a great find, I love them for holding sewing things and fabric. Easier to sort through, totes are too hard!

BubzRugz said...

Love the goodies you have sewn - especially the cushion... I like the idea of making strips into an applique flower.... what a great find... I have discovered a sewer never has enough draws....mmmm
Hugz

Jo in TAS said...

Fabulous find Fee, are you going to paint it white? Beautiful stitching too

Mistea said...

I'm intrigued by a pin cushion that does what it's told! I often find mine on the floor.
Like the bag for smalls - perfect for travelling.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely dresser Fee...and all your stitching is just so lovely...

Maree: said...

Lots of lovely stitching going on...Love Love the chest of drawers...we can never have enough storage us Girl's...
cheers

Scottish Nanna said...

Lovely Stitching And the dresser is great I bet it makes A big Difference to your sewing room.
Hugs Mary.

Farm Girl said...

Your stitching is stunning, I really love the cushion. Your new drawers are fabulous! You could hide a lot of fabric in there. lol

Isabella said...

Love you smalls bag and thats a great set od drawers

Farah Muzaffar said...

Hello Fee...
very creative projects.. specially love the little cute bag... its so nice that I feel to make one at once and yes your cushion too... very beautiful
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Barb said...

Everything is just so awesome and inspiring....love the pillow, cushion...you name it...just loved it.

Stitched With Prayer said...

The new projects are all wonderful. I especially love the bag and I can't wait to see your complete set of sewing bits! The dresser is absolutely perfect. Hugs...

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Fiona... I love the lovely pillow... You always have such lovely idea's... I had done the same thing with left over blocks.. I just love the dresser of drawers...I sure could use one of those... Keep up the wonderful work... Hugs :)

sandra said...

All gorgeous, love the 'smalls' bag.

Kerryanne English said...

Gosh you have been busy Fee. Nothing like a bit of thrifting to put a spring in your step... great find too.
Have a great week.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Sew Useful Designs said...

Wow Fee - what a wonderful find! How I would love to rummage through your drawers sweetie and check out all that scrummy fabric! :-) I love your 'smalls' bag - it's so sweet! And the cushion is a fantastic idea to complement your daughter's quilt - it's so bright and cheery!

I'm sure your week will continue to be fantastic!

Hugs sweetie!
Vikki xoxo :-)

Sair said...

I ADORE your chest of drawers, they are stunning, you must be so happy with them, Lucky you.