Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Morning Bliss


Do you remember me telling you about having Monday's off - Well today being Monday is another day off and it is Blissful.  I have been so productive on these days  with no distractions and no timetable or agenda.  I just pick up whatever I feel like doing.  I have managed to finish my baby Hexies Quilt which I am going to call - "It's as easy as 1,2,3 ......."


The last few days have been pretty dull with lighting so I have found it hard to photograph but the colours are very bright and a nice contrast against the white.  I have had a lot of fun putting this one together.


It has 1 1/2" & 1" hexies


Sadly I am almost at the end of my Bubblegum Basics stash - I love it's freshness but there are so many new ranges coming out all of the time I am sure that I will find a new favourite.  I have an inkling that it is going to be Ruby.......  Be Still my Beating Heart........ You can see RUBY here .  Don't say I didn't warn you !!



Not one for waste I used the left over bits from the quilt to make this Book Bag for Tom.  He proudly tells me that he is allowed to borrow books from the Early Learning Centre Library now and that he needs a Big Strong Bag for his heavy books.  I never tire of listening to 3 year old chatter - He just has a way with words - LOL.  I had enough to cut out 5 of  these so all of the little people in our family will be receiving them as gifts.


So now it is time for a little break for morning tea whilst I browse your blogs and see what you have all been up to.  I think I could get used to this.......


I will be indulging in this gorgeous Apple Slice which is a Kerry Swain Recipe from her book Blackberry Jam & Cream.


Have you seen it before?  It has some great patterns in it along with some lovely recipes.  I wonder what I will get up to this afternoon - Whatever takes my fancy.......  and I am loving it !!

Hugs - Fee XX

9 comments:

Yvette said...

What a beautiful quilt. It is so fresh and happy. Lots of areas to quilt on to really bring it out. Great job!

shez said...

Fee your quilt is amazing and i really like the book bag well done,and have a happy productive monday

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous quilt Fee. I am very partial to hexies. :) Love the library bag too. Hugs,

Shiree said...

oh yummy yummy morning tea treats....gorgeous apple slice... with yoghurt?

the bag and quilt look prettty good too!!

Vicki ♥ said...

Your quilt is lovely Fee and I too love Ruby...my heart raced several beats too...
So glad you are having nice days on Mondays :) Hugs hunny Vicki xxx

Barb said...

What a fun quilt and I love the fact that you didn't let a single piece go to waste with your bag.

Kerryanne English said...

So glad you are having productive and enjoyable 'ME' time Fee. Doesn't it make life so much happier and relaxed.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Melody said...

A lovely quilt and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your blissful Mondays.

Maree: said...

These Monday's off are really doing you Good....Lovely Quilt & Bag....You are sounding much Brighter Today...
Hugs
xx