Monday, June 13, 2011


How has your weekend been?  It has been very chilly here just 10 degrees celcius for most of the day even though the winter sun has been peeking through.


We have been very busy around the house.  My 19 year old son Josh has been quite sick for the past couple of months and is moving back home.  He needs to go into a wheel chair and our house is wheel chair "friendly".  We have been shuffling rooms around and having a massive clean out and de-clutter in readiness.


I have wondered once or twice over the past 3 days how I have come to accumulate so much stuff. 

I have had to be very ruthless and am quite proud of myself for letting go of some things I have kept for so long.  At times like this you just do what you have to do. 

It will be so nice to have him back home in our care and I will try to fatten him up a bit in the process.


We have also had a few visits over the long weekend from these 2 little monkey's.  (Tom & Maddie)  They walk through the front door of our home once ariving and run for cuddles - It is just so lovely !!  I can't wait until Mia and Isabelle do the same. 

Having 4 grandchildren is such a blessing and I love spending time with them all.  Sometimes I wish they could stay so young and innocent.  But I know that they have to grow up and face the world - I just pray that it is an easy road they have to travel.


Each evening I have been able to sneak a little time for stitching.


I am progressing with my BOM and am now onto Block 2 !!


I was also able to embellish some little singlets for Isabelle.  Sam bought them a few weeks ago and I finally got around to prettying them up for her.


Very simple but very cute


So that is a round up of our long weekend.  How did you spend yours? 

Before I go I just wanted to send my love and best wishes to our New Zealand friends who are once again facing more devastation.  It is so unbelieveable what you have had to go through yet again.

Hugs,

Fee XXXX

20 comments:

Pauline said...

you wonder how you accumulate so much stuff?? you keep buying it fee..hahah..boy your grandies are growing up soooo fast!!!! I cant believe how big Maddie is..wow
I hope Josh is going to be ok Fee..he will love being home with him mum too I reckon..I know mine did!
The devastation in NZ just keeps happening..poor ppl..so hard on them..we will all send our love and wishes..wish we could do more you know...I worked all weekend..lol that was my lot..
have a great week
cheers

Farmyard Crafts said...

All the best with your son and his recovery. Good on you for being so ruthless and getting things cleared out! NZ is in my prayers also. My brother's girlfriend got caught up in it all today (was visiting from the north island and her flight back to Auckland was cancelled this morning)... so terrible for those involved.

retdairyqueen said...

I wish your son a speedy recovery in your loving care

De said...

Well done on the clean out Fee - hopefully you can nurse your son back to full health with love and support (and cooking too!)

Jo in TAS said...

Wow things change in a couple of days! We'll catch up again this week.
Hugs
Jo

Tarnyia said...

Wishing your boy well and I know Mum will make him feel better and loved... I just spent a week with my 21 yr old who was rush to hospital with his appendix about to burst so I spent a week looking after him... we live seven hours away and I wasn't going to get there in time... and any tips on decluttering or throwing out ''crap'' please pass them on as we are doing that ready for selling and moving... love the stitching as well xxx

shez said...

Hope your son gets better soon Fee and what beautiful grand-children you have

Sue said...

Good luck and a speedy recovery for Josh. There's nothing as good as a Mum's care is there?

Michelle said...

Have fun doting on your son, I'm sure he couldn't be in better hands! Here's to a speedy recovery!
Michelle

Penny said...

There's nothing like mummy's tender loving care and home cooked meals to nurse your son back. Wishing Josh a speedy recovery.((Hugs))

Margaret said...

Was Mr Owl relegated to be a watcher over the garden ??in the decluttering ???

Hope all goes well with Josh and yes the grandies are going to live in a different world from the one we have lived in--- I pray for a life of contentment for them all.

Sarah said...

Josh does not sound to good... Hope it is a quick recovery.

Lovely work and smily grand children!

BubzRugz said...

Such cute grandies... they are such fun arent they... best wishes for a full recovery for Josh and I'm sure you will both enjoy being able to spend more tiem together... the stitching looks lovely...
Hugz

Deb said...

fEE its so good that you are able to have your son at home. Hope he feels heaps better soon.
Thanks for the love for us all here, its been a revolting day is all I can say to sum it up.
hugs Deb

Allie said...

I like your little owl, Fee. So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he gets better, I know it will be good to have mum taking care of him! Your little grandies are SO darling, what sweet babies. Your stitching looks really sweet, and I love what you did with the shirt for Isabelle. Very girly!

Folks in NZ are in my thoughts and prayers - just unbelievable.

Joy said...

Fee your Grandies are looking so adorable ... how lucky you are :o).
I do hope Josh makes a speedy recovery ... of course, he's in the best possible place to do that, at home with his Mum ;o). He's really been through such a lot lately poor thing.
Don't forget to take time for you Fee, don't go doing too much!!!
I'll join you in sending love and prayers for our NZ neighbours, makes me wonder how much they'll have to endure before it all stops, such an awful time for them.
Love n hugs,
Ethel xx *mwah* xxxxx

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh gosh Fee! I hope your son will be ok! Sending light and love your way.
Your grand kiddo's are just precious!
xx, shell

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh just found your blog, so delightful, what lovely grandchildren. I do hope your teen son is OK, he'll be in the best place with you caring for him, love Posie

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Fee! Yep ... cold and icky here on our hill, too. BRRRR!!! Hope being home with Mum to look after him helps Josh recover and regain strength ... a bit of an adjustment for you all, but one I'm sure will be worthwhile. Happy de-cluttering ... been there and done that, so feel your pain! :0) My theory is that "stuff" breeds in dark corners! Tee! Hee! Hee! Have a great week - Bear Hugs! KRIS

Stitchin' time said...

Good on you for decluttering. Hope Josh is well again soon. Love those cute grandies and your little crafty helper.ressed