Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So Inspiring.....


Jo and I had an awesome time in Melbourne last week.  We spent the entire day on Friday at the Quilt Show.  It was so much fun catching up with other bloggers - I don't have a lot of pics of the meet up but some of the others do.  Pictured here are Christine, Jo, Kez, Kathy & Me. 

 That is one of the joys of blogging - making new friendships and finding soul sisters.  Kez, Jo & I spent the entire afternoon becoming so inspired and making lots of purchases.  We encouraged one another to spend our $$ and were all weighed down with our bags at the end of the day.

 

Somewhere at the quilt show on Friday I found my mojo - Being around so many beautiful inspiring things helps no end.  Fabric is always a huge inspirtion to me and I purchased a bundle of fat quarters from the lovely Nicole at Patchwork Online - Who I might add is a lovely gal along with her hubby who helps her out in the business. 

I subscribe to my Berries and Bluebirds with her and she provides an economical and efficient service.  Anyway I digress I was telling you about the fat quarters that I bought from her in totally not "Fee" colours - I chose Blacks and Whites, Reds and Lime Greens.  I just picked them up and fell in love .... as you do..... so much so that I have already began a project with them which I will hopefully get finished over the weekend.  But for now here is a sneak peek of a dresden made from some of the fabric.....  I wonder what it will all become?



 After completing the new wall hanging last weekend of Home Is Where My Heart Is I decided to utilise the other 5 house buttons that I have from the lovely Barb over at Theodora Cleave.  So I reduced the pattern and have made 5 identical wall hangings to be sold later in 2012 at a show I will be attending.  I would like to be able to contribute a few things to my pile of finishes each week even if they are only small ones - I will see how I go.



When I got home from Melbourne I also had the cooking bug - I bought some nice fresh strawberries and decided that meringues for dessert would be nice.  I love making meringues !!


I usually put hundreds and thousands on them - the kids like them more with them on.


They even look delicious unbaked


But are mouth watering material once they come out of the oven


But are even better served with strawberries and cream - There were no left overs. 

Does your family like meringues and pavlova's?  They are a real aussie tradition aren't they?  What are your families favourite desserts?  I would love to know. 

Hugs - Fee XX

16 comments:

shez said...

yummy the meringues look devine and glad you found your mojo and had a great time at the show.

Jo in TAS said...

I love pavlova and trifle yummo!

Sue said...

You've solved my problem, I've lost my mojo too and now I think a trip to a big quilt show might give it back. Nothing like shopping to make a girl feel better

Maria said...

How wonderful to meet some of your blogging friends and then go shopping to buy so many lovies.
Yummo meringues are delicious.

Larissa said...

Total meringue fan here, especially the homemade variety!
What a lovely opportunity to meet some blogging friends and purchase pretty things!!!

Christine M said...

Glad you found your mojo! It was lovely meeting you Fee.

Miriam said...

Glad your mojo is back, Fee.

Loooove pavlova here. A passionfruit sponge always goes down well too. :)

Margaret said...

Yes , Yes and yes again, love pav and meringues. I recently saw a recipe for a coquembuch made from meringues flat meringues like a small saucer creamed together then 1oos and 1ooos meringues creamed all over the center piece. I have a 15 yr old gs who is a celiac so it is going to be made for his 16th birthday I don't think he will protest to loudly.

Mona said...

It`s looks jummy! I have seen you have made som hexagonflowers in the strawberry fields fabrics. Are you going to make a quilt? I have make one. Almost finiched. Hugs from Norway.

Annie said...

Love meringues and pav's Fee, but at the moment our family eat copious amounts my golden syrup dumplings (on average like 4-5 times a month)......yummo!!!! Glad you enjoyed your time away and found Mrs Mojo....although I don't think she has been missing in action as badly as you imagined...how many finishe's and part finishes last month? I'm envious :)

Jeni said...

Sounds like you had a great time
And i love meringues

KaHolly said...

Those meringues look so delicious. Don't see them in these parts too often. Glad you had such a good time. ~karen

Michelle May (Shell) said...

What a fun time for ya'll! I wish I could have been there too!
I love pavlova. Haven't had it in a very long time. Yummy!
xx, shell

Joy said...

Would have loved to have been there with you all .... maybe next year??!! Looks like you all had a fabulous time :o). I love your dresden Fee, and those colours are so 'not Fee' lol, it'll be fun to see how it all turns out - I bet it will be gawjus :o).
As for dessert ... if it's got sugar in it, then I'm afraid I'm a goner - cos I have SUCH a sweet tooth!! Of course, a bit of Tiramisu is always yummy - or sticky date pudding - or ..... well, you get the picture ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

your girls had fun together at the show.......

I love meringues and pav.......

Kathy said...

How lovely to meet you at the quilt fair Fee. Like you I had a wonderful time and it gave my creativity a decent kick right where it needed it! So much so that I have even started a new blog to properly reflect my sewing passions and inspirations!

Cheers for now,
Kathy
(Sew-Happy House, formerly Quilted Notions)