Friday, October 7, 2011

Blog Name, Stitchery Needlebook & Tassie Stitching Weekend


Plans are progressing very well for "Let's Get Stitched" in Tassie in March next year.  Over the weekend I will be developing a seperate blog with all of the details so keep an eye out for it if you are interested in coming.  I know that a few of the New Zealand girls have started packing their bags already.  

The 3 day programme includes a shop hop, stitching day with "Live" tutorials from 5 designers, Trip to Cadbury Chocolate Factory and a trip to Salamanca Market.  The tour bus has been booked, the accomodation found so all we need now is for you girls to pack your bags and join us.


If you are a newsletter subscriber you would have received this week's newsletter already which gives you this "free" stitchery to go with yesterday's tutorial.  Last night I stitched this lovely pastel version



And I also did this version using my friend Helen's Colorque Technique.  She has a special at the moment on her Faux Applique book which tells you everyhting you need to know about this technique.  Go HERE if you are interested in taking a look at it.


My friend Dawn is having a little competition on her blog about how your blog got it's name. 

 Mine is pretty simple really my darling dad (who passed away a number of years ago) always called me "Fee" as does my hubby.  My grandchildren now call me "Nanny Fee", so "Designs by Fee" was a natural progression I suppose.  I designed my own Logo as I love swirly romantic Fonts and pink flowers so that too was pretty easy.  I have loved hopping around blog land hearing about how everyone got their name - One of my favourites so far is Peg's - Such a sweet little story.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs - Fee XX

13 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

OOh and don't forget your friends who call you Fee too!
hugs
Jo

By Hoki Quilts said...

Well Miss Fee just to let you know that I have just got the new passport forms filled in, the new bag is made for the occassion and Miss Deb and I are sooooo looking forward to meeting up with all you girls - yeah, can't wait
hugs - Miche'le xx

barb's creations said...

Will have to keep Lurking Uuummm I mean watching your blog for updates on this getaway as I'm interested in coming if there's a spot for me :) Barb.

shez said...

Lovely story on your name for your blog Fee,and thankyou for the free stitchery,so nice of you to do that.

Larissa said...

I loved this little stitchery when it arrived this morning!! So cute and dainty!!! .... That getaway sounds great too, but I don't think I'll be able to find a sitter for during the day, depending on the days ... Will keep my eyes and ears out though!! ... And if I haven't told you already, I love how simple your name sign is!!! I do love swirly text too!

De said...

A nice story to the naming of your blog Fee!
Will be seriously considering the weekend in Tassie! Good excuse to visit with Mum and Dad too - not that we need an excuse!

Ulla said...

Sweet little embroidery.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nanny Fee...love that....I am sure your Dad is looking down at his little girl with lots of pride...thanks Fee glad you liked my little story...PS thanks for the pattern...x

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

Hi Fee, just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your newsletters thank you. And the Hexagon needle book tutorial was great thanks.
best wishes Julie.C

Allie said...

I'm jealous already, wonder if I can make it in March, lol! Fee I love your little stitchery design, so very sweet, thank you!! And I love your blog and name. I'm so enjoying reading all the stories!

Janet said...

A lovely way to remember your dad!

teresa said...

The stitchery is just lovely Fee..I especially love the colorque version.
I love your reason for your blog name too.. xx

Kathy said...

Thanks for the colorique instructions Fee. The Let's Get Stitched' weekend sounds wonderful and I have already pencilled it in :)