Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Catch Up


Gosh it's been a busy weekend.  I thought I'd pop in before I head out into the garden to pot up some seedlings.  The sun is shining and all is beautiful in our little world here in Brighton.

So I have gone and done it again - Signed up for another BOM - This time it is paper piecing - Something that I love......  It is Sue Daley's - This Goes With That and the first parcel arrived this week from Sarah at Patchworks Plus.


The clincher was when Sarah offered it in "Ruby" - How could I resist?



And I have been making some already - Can't wait to see what comes next month.


I have been doing a little stitching too for a few different projects


And I decided on a quilt using my Strawberry Fields stash.


It's all cut out and sitting beside the sewing machine just waiting for the mood to strike for it to be stitched together.


I have got to the stage where I won't even throw out my tiniest of scraps....  Do you do that too?  I am especially bad when it is one of my favourite ranges - I often wish that the off cuts where like dough and that you could squeeze it altogether and make something else which got me to thinking........

What could I do with theses tiny scraps and then an idea struck.  A new Club in 2012 called "Scrapbusters" will be launched on 1st January 2012.

Each month I will provide you with a "free" scrapbusters challenge pattern using your tiny scraps.  Each month all of the participants that make the previous month's challenge pattern will go into a prize draw.  Sounds like fun doesn't it?

And the best part is that you won't have to go out and buy anything to play - Just start keeping those tiny scraps between now and the 1st January.

I love the sound of no waste - Don't you?

Anyway the sunshine is beckoning me out so I am going to do some potting.

Hugs - Fee XX

18 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It is a great BOM Fee, love your first ones....your sneaks look fantastic...January 2012 sounds like fun, I could have one or two scraps lying around....LOL...

Jeanette said...

I signed up too - just because Sarah offered Ruby fabrics. :) Waiting for mine to arrive. :) The scrapbuster club sounds like fun. Hugs

Vicki ♥ said...

Ruby fabrics are so pretty and I love your hexies you have done already..specially the first one (light coloured one)...so tricky!The scrap challenge sounds great Fee :) Hugs
Vicki x

Darlene said...

Your hexies look adorable. Great BOM.

I'm really excited about your 2012 Scrapbusters club.

Melody said...

Scrapbusters, what a fabulous idea. Can't wait to join in. Hugs

shez said...

Hope you have had a great day in the garden Fee,and i love your idea for your new club,lovely projects on the go Fee,well done.

Leanne said...

Hi Fee, love your paper piecing project. Ruby fabric is just beautiful. Enjoy the sunshine.

Fiona said...

Looks like a lovely BOM.... I will definitely join in with Scrapbusters.... I hate throwing any little bits away!! and have been enjoying finding little things to make...
Hugz

Maria said...

Your post inspired me to have a look at Sarah's website. I didn't subscribe to the BOM but just bought a paper piecing hexie kit #14. Loved it!

Heleen Groot said...

Yes, I will join. All my deadlines should have been met by then anyway. Which leaves me with loads of scraps. Tiny ones....Thank you for giving me the chance to prove to everyone that I really should save all those little tiny pieces!

Dawn said...

your TGWT is going to look fabulous esp in Ruby
Love it...scraps fabulous...I have loads of those.
Hugs Dawn x x x

Anne-Mette said...

Scrapsbusters souynds great1 I would love to play along ;-)).
Your hexies are lovely as well as the fabrics. The little sneaks are pretty.

Penny Duncan Creations said...

All so so pretty!!! I just love your ART!!!!! And that does sound like a SUPER fun challenge!!!!

Barb said...

Looks amazing the English paper pieceing...

Your stitching is wonderful.

Scrap busting...sounds great!

Wendy B said...

Ruby would have been the drawcard for me too Fee!!!!! Going to be just Gawj!!!!!!
Can't wait for the scrapbusters.....I have bucketloads (well, 5L containers full!!!!)...but in every colour of the rainbow!!!....sounds like a plan!
take care sweety
XXX sugary hugs
WEndy :O)

Susanne said...

Hi Fee, the scrap project sounds fine, im my quilting guild we have made some smalls purse out of scrap together with tulle, so we will look foreward to have new ideas. Best regards Susanne in Denmark

Michelle May said...

Those paper pieced blocks are just sooooooo cute! Love the fabric too!
Your Scrapbusters sounds like lots of fun Fee!
xx

barcord said...

Like the sound of your scrapbusters club sounds good. Would love to play.