Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decorating


One of my favourite things about christmas is decorating our home each year and being inspired by the photographs of other people's homes throughout blogland.  Each year I buy and make a few new additions to my christmas decorating stash.  These glass angels and jingle bells in a vintage glass ice bucket look gorgeous in the late afternoon sunlight.


There is just something about jingle bells - I have lots :)


Thank you for the lovely comments about my twig vase with holly which hangs some of my favourite hand made decorations.  Throughout the year it is just twigs but at christmas time I add the holly to make it a little more festive.


The ornie that Michele made me catches the afternoon sun beautifully and catches little shards of light as the sun goes down.


And it seems my vase of baubles has been a hit.  I used them for the first time last year but this year have a few more displays of them which I will show you over the next few days.


With everything that has been going on I seemed to have lost my mojo a little but I did manage to stitch this little bunch of flowers for an upcoming project to be released in 2012. 

It had better return in the next few days as I still have 4 projects to complete before Christmas - I had beter get a wriggle on hadn't I ??

In case you are wondering the EXIT soap did remove those little brown splatters from my iron. So that project is patiently waiting to be finished too....

Hugs,

Fee XX

11 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful photos Fee!
Lisa

shez said...

Everything looks lovely Fee,you have a beautiful touch with decorating.

De said...

Looking good Fee! This year I am making do with looking at everyone else's Christmas decorating as we arent decorating here.

Kathy said...

I love baubles in glass jars and bowls, the way they catch the light and twinkle :) Yours are beautiful.

You must be so relieved that the stains were removed!

Kathy

Melody said...

Lots of beautiful things on display here. I especially love your vase of baubles.

Fiona said...

Your home is looking so pretty...
Hugz

Barb said...

I enjoyed your photos...your home is so festive.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Lovely deccies Fee... can't go wrong with a vase of baubles here and there.
Hope you find 'Mr Mojo' quickly!!
Festive hugs ~ Kerryanne

Kerri said...

You are very chrismasy Hope you find your inspiration in amongst them

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your home looks so warm and full of Christmas charm. Beautiful. When you find your mojo can you see if mine is with it. I have taken to the bookcase with gusto instead of completing projects too.So glad the stains came out.

Michelle May said...

You have had plenty of worries to keep your mojo at bay. Wishing you lots of better days ahead. You deserve a break and some smiles.