Saturday, December 17, 2011

Is it Really Almost Christmas?


It is almost Christmas - It is just next weekend.  It's hard to believe that it has come upon as again so quickly but it has.  I have spent the majority of the morning wrapping gifts.  My family grows each year and there are 2 new additions this year to add to the list.



Part of the joy of Christmas for me is the chance to decorate our home in festive clothing.  I try to utilise a lot of things I already have like vases and bowls.


And each display is a little vignette.  I love to watch the grand babies as they discover a new ornament that they didn't notice before.  Quite a few in my collection are musical like this dancing snowman in the background .



Another tradition in our home is our sweets display.  I have had it out for quite a few weeks now and I have replenished it many times - They just seem to disappear......



This vase of candy canes are not edible but they have often been picked and mistaken for the real thing.  I giggle everytime I catch somebody.



I do get a short break between Christmas and New Year and this year I want to shabby up this table I found a few months ago.  It has been awhile since I have had the paint brush out but I have a few things lined up now that need painting.


And tomorrow I am going to make a christmas gift from this little bundle.  I'll be back to show you - It may help to solve a gift giving idea for you.

Hugs - Fee X

10 comments:

shez said...

Fee your house sounds like fairyland for the littles and so much fun.
That table will be unreal shabbyed up,love the style of it.
Your project sounds very interesting Fee,take care.xx

De said...

Love those shoelaces ......spotted some up here only yesterday when I was out! Cant wait to see what you do with them!

Maria said...

Your home looks lovely in it's Christmas clothes.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the pretty laces!!

Larissa said...

How fantastic does your house look?!!! It must be real fun getting it all decked out for the holidays!!! ... I don't get to do this as my mother doesn't see the point, and while we live with her it's hard to do much decorating, :( lol. Looking forward to seeing your gifty idea... Hugs!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh what fun to decorate Fee...looking forward to what you are making...

Quilt Kitty said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the shoelaces & the finished table. Tracee xx

Allie said...

Your home is so lovely Fee! I've hardly touched my decorating yet, no tree up, ah well, there's still time. I love your table and can't wait to see the magic you work on it! I'm really intrigued by your crafty bits too!

Stitchin' time said...

I still have a table to refinish that I've had to put on hold because of the inclement weather. I will be interesting to see how yours turns out. Wondering what you can do with shoelaces and staples(?).
Cheers,
Robyn

Mrs Shepo said...

I just love seeing what magic you do with simple things, your home must sparkle, I have mainly put out things this year that a 21 month old climber can't wreck. I bet you will also perform some magic with those laces, I have them on my list to buy. So pleased that you have Josh (and JT) home for Christmas. Cheers Pat,
.

Michelle said...

We too have sweets out on display and yes I too have had to replenish them a few times ;O)
Intriqued to see what you make with all those bits and pieces!