Friday, December 30, 2011

Swap Gifts Sent, Getting Organised and an Update on Josh


After showing you the gorgeous gifts I received in swaps this year I thought I would show you the gifts I made and sent.  This lot went to Karol-Ann in the UK in Chooky Blue's SSC Swap.


This is the bag I made for Melody in our online friendship group's 5 things swap.


And because I enjoyed making it so much I made another one for Shez as her final gift in the advent swap.  The bag was one featured in Jenny's Elefantz Home Magazine last month and it is a breeze to make.  Jenny's step by step tutorial makes it a pleasure to stitch.  Because I love this bag so much Jenny made me one too - Check it out on her blog.


I am on leave until the middle of next week so I am taking the opportunity to get a few things made in readiness for some of the plans I have put in place for the coming year.  I have made lots of these Lavender Sachets.



And I have been playing around in my Book of Lists again.


Writing myself a January To Do List and doodling ........


I have been cutting, folding and wrapping lots of bundles of Fabric


If you are a newsletter subscriber then you will have heard by now why........



Because I have a stand at AQC in April - Yep Stand No 8 is all mine !!  I will be attending a few others and will let you know which ones in the coming weeks.



Thank you once again for all of the thoughts and prayers for Josh.  He is doing well.  Look at his new leg.  Today I took him to another prosthetic fitting and watched him walk.  I can't explain how wonderful that felt to see him walk again.  His smile says it all.

I want to wish you a Happy New Year.  Stay Safe.

Hugs - Fee XX

26 comments:

Rosa said...

Happy New Year full of love,joy and peace.

Beautiful goodies .

Maria said...

You did make a lot of lovley gifts Fee. Lucky recipients.

I bet it was the best gift you could have had to see Josh walk.
Great Josh.

AnitaS said...

A lot of beautiful things you made. I think the best thing is Josh seeing to walk. I wish you a very happy New Year.

Larissa said...

You've made a lot of wonderful gifts this year Fee!!! ... All are gorgeous ... especially the table runner with the yoyos on the ends, and the Jenny-designed bags!!
Also, it is so great to see that Josh is doing well!! I will continue to pray for his ongoing recovery and strength for the whole family!! Hugs!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love what you made Fee..I think i might have to go back to your store...and you must be so very proud of your Josh...xx

shez said...

Love all the gifts you made Fee,and well done Josh you are such an inspiration,well done mate,such positive energy and love your smile.xx

Joolz said...

I love all the goodies you have created!

Congrats to Josh on walking again!

Barb said...

His smile does say it all....what a wonderful attitude, it is amazing modern technology!!

Love your swaps...

Maree: said...

Your Gifts are Lovely ..the Yo Yo's looks so good on the Tablerunner...
I'm Excited about AQC...will need to do some Planning!
Soo Good to See Josh up and about..looks like he is doing really well...
xx

By Hoki Quilts said...

Wow, what a Christmas pressie you have seeing Josh up and walking! The gifts you made are just delightful and the recipients I bet were totally thrilled to get a special piece of your work.
Happy New Year Fee, may it be a great one for you
hugs - Miche'le xx

Deb said...

Fee as you say the smile on Josh's face says it all. How amazing the medical fraternity is. It seems like only yesterday he lost his leg and here he is walking again. It really is a miracle of life isn't it.
Much love being sent to you my darling girl for the New Year and lets hope that 2012 is a ripper not a rotter like this year.
Love ya

barcord said...

God's richest blessings for 2012. It is so good to see Josh's progress. Well done Josh. My prayers for a great future with your little family.

Christine M said...

You've made some lovely gifts Fee. How great to see Josh up and walking.

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of beautiful gifts sent to friends and swaps..........all the best to josh for a wonderful 2012.........happy and healthy.........

Jeanette said...

Happy New Year Fee. Wonderful news about Josh. All the best for you all in 2012. Hugs,

De said...

Gorgeous gifts.May 2012 be everything you want it to be and more

barb's creations said...

Lovely gifts Fee,so good to see Josh up and walking but best of all Smiling through it all he is a very courageous young man :) Barb.

Annie said...

Awesome picture of Josh...bet there was also a big smile beaming from behind the camera also!! Love your gifts you sent. Have an awesome 2012 Fee with your family and your new adventure xoxo

Allie said...

Lovely, lovely gifts, hon, ooh and a Book of Lists - I think I need to make one of those! Josh looks so good, how wonderful is that - I wish you and your family all the best for the New Year!!!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Happy New Year, Fee!

Gorgeous gifts... and I am blown away by Josh's progress! What an incredible young man he is! You go, Josh!!!!!

Hugs!!! Vikki xoxoxo

Stitchin' time said...

Lovely things you've made. I think I need a Book of Lists as list writing on the computer isn't working for me so maybe it needs to be "in my face"!. Now that Josh is mobile there'll be no holding him back. Wishing your family a wonderful 2012 filled with lots of smiles :D!
Cheers,
Robyn

Jo in TAS said...

Sexy Legs Josh!! So good to see you smiling! 2012 is definitely looking better already!
Lovely stitching Fee, hugs to you all
Luv
Jo

Wendy B said...

Oh gorgeous, Josh IS looking wonderful....a very positive end to 2011 which can only lead to an even better 2012!
Love, hugs and blessings sweety
Wendy :o) xxx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of beautiful gifts given and recieved Fee. I wish you a New Year full of good health, blessings and peace.Big hug for Josh he is a credit to himself and his family.

Laura said...

Hi Fiona
I have only just read your postings about Josh what an amazing young man he is you must so proud of him.
It is fantastic to see the smile on his face!!
Wishing you and your family a Wonderful 2012 full of blessings.
Hugs
Laura
http://sewfar.blogspot.com/

sewkalico said...

Thank you so much for my beautiful gifts! Happy New Year to you and your family.