Sunday, January 15, 2012

Some Days Are Diamonds ........


It seems like so long ago that I went on a good treasure hunt but this morning we had a lovely wander around our local trash & treasure market.  Some days you find no treasure at all and some days are diamonds.......  Like today.



You will have to use your imagination with today's finds as they all need work......  Just as well I am in the painting mood because their transformation will begin today.


A total of $17.50 for this lot - Luckily I had bag carriers with me - LOL


Late last year I discussed with you a Scrap Challenge for 2012.  I haven't forgotten about it but things have been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to get the projects in my head done.  I thought that you might like to start with this table topper which was recently published in Patchwork & Stitching Magazine.  In the next few days hunt around for a vintage serviette and I will do a tutorial on how to make your own from a pre-loved serviette.  It won't be the same as this one but you can get the pattern from P & S.

I am sorry about the quality of the photographs today - I am camera less at the moment and am saving my pennies for a new one so for now my Iphone is standing in.


These are partly the reason why I have been very busy - I have been a very naughty girl and have let the accounts build up since July last year and now I have the task of entering it all in to our accounting programme - I do an hour or two each night and I am slowly making inroads.



It is school holidays here in Tasmania for a few more weeks and Amy was lucky enough to be invited to spend a day with Jo in her craft room.  She totally loved the day and look what Jo taught her.


And these gorgeous tags.  I think I need to go over to Jo's and get some tips too - She's very clever.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs - Fee XX

13 comments:

Michelle May said...

Wonderful finds Fee! Oh putting all that info in the accounts gives me a headache. Would much rather spend a day in Jo's craft room! :)
hugs to you!

Allie said...

Sweet finds - I know you'll work your usual magic with them! Love that little quilt. Amy's project is too, too darling - love that little one of a kind stamp, and the tags are very sweet! Good luck with the invoices, ugh ugh ugh.

Dawn said...

Great finds Fee, love the things Amy made...so cute...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Christine M said...

Amy has done a great job. It would be nice to spend a day with Jo in her craft room!

Sarah said...

That is AWSOME Amy!

Good job : o )

I know what you mean about putting figures in the account system. Now I do it monthly so I just dont get behind or the accountant lets me know!!!

Annie said...

As Sunday is the first day, I'm predicting you are in for a 'diamond week' Fee......

Lib said...

Love the tags, Fee. Amy has done a superb job!

Kathy said...

I love pottering in the markets - you found some great things Fee. What wonderful goodies Amy made with Jo - sounds like they both had a great day :) as for paperwork - its so easy to let it slip to the bottom of the 'to- do' list!

Scottish Nanna said...

I love all your goodies Your Amy is very talented I love those tags they are nice to put on gifts.
Hugs Mary.xx

barb's creations said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your finds and a can of paint... I also need to start my garage sale hunting for a few things for my sewing room:) Barb.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your find Fee...real treasure. Look forward to seeing what you do with them. The tags are really cute too. Good luck with all your accounts.

Joy said...

Gawjus treasures Fee, looking forward to seeing them all painted up ;o). Looks like Amy had a fun day with Jo ... I reckon I wanna go play at Jo's house too lol, the book and tags are fabulous!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Jo in TAS said...

Fabulous finds Fee, I'm very envious of that tiered basket! I had a wonderful day with Amy, it was so nice to have a girl to hang out with, she's such a sweetie, a chip off the old block! The boys stayed on their computers and didn't venture into our crafty den at all!