Friday, March 23, 2012

Putting Plans Into Action......


Most creative minds are also planners and organisers.  I think they go hand in hand so I always make plans of some sort but sometimes it takes quite some time to put them into action.


This has been the case with the ongoing development of my design business - Things just got so busy in the first 3 months of the year but now that "Let's Get Stitched" is over I can now turn my attention to my little business.


This has meant a few big disruptions to the family home and lots of moving of furniture by Hubby and DD No 1.  They have done a fantastic job and have been very patient with me.


Our home no longer has a formal dining room (this was it) or a formal lounge (which is now my teaching studio)


But I think I prefer this room as a family room instead of a dining room.  The largest room in our house has been sacrificed by the family so that I can live my dream.....  I feel blessed that I have the room to be able to do this and that the studio can be seperate from our home as it is at the front of the house.


Most evenings this week have been spent re-arranging the house but it was fun !  Treasures had to find new homes and new vignettes were made along the way.


I decided that I have to spend a bit more time reading as many of the books in ny shelf are on my "to read" list.


I still have my trusty recliner in a corner for stitching of an evening.


But I now also have a room which is just wonderful for my creative mojo.  And when I have finished playing in there each day I can just shut the door.


It is my intention to have studio open times each week which will be revised on a weekly basis and advertised on here - My Blog.  I will also be attending a number of local events including the Quilters Easter Showcase on March 31st at the Brighton Civic Centre and AGFEST the first week in May.


My pattern label will be re-launched in November at Australian Quilt Market and from that date my patterns will only be available through shops and will no longer be available as downloads or from my online store.  You can however purchase my patterns if you visit the studio.  I have 2 Block Of The Months in various stages of progress as well as a number of new designs to launch at that time.



If you are a newsletter subscriber you would have already received my newsletter this morning with a fantastic offer of a Pattern Pack and all of the papers to make my "Plant a Pot of Friendship" Quilt which has my own spin on modern paper piecing using a floating border of elongated hexagons and squares effectively.  This pattern will be taken off the market next week and released again in November through shops only. 



The pattern pack and papers is ON SPECIAL at just $12.00 - GO HERE to purchase.

So there you are I have filled you in on a few of my future plans - But stay tuned as I have a few more suprises in store for you too.

Pop back in tomorrow asI have a fabulous give away for you.

Hugs - Fee XX

15 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds very exciting Fee... all the very best with your new venture...
Hugz

shez said...

Fee how exciting for you,to live your dream.I wish you all the best.xx

Lurline said...

Congratulations and best wishes, Fiona - I'm celebrating with you and have just ordered your great little pattern - would love to pay for a kit if possible! May your journey be successful!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Debbie said...

What a wonderful, supportive family you have! Congratulations and the very best of luck in your new venture.

Jeanette said...

Congratulations Fee. How exciting for you.Wishing you well in your new venture. Hugs,

Quilt Kitty said...

Good to see you pursuing your dream & the family supporting you. Every success to you! Tracee xx

Jeanne Gwin said...

Fee, I just was browsing around and trying to decide which 2 hexie's got my vote when something said to me, go to Fee's blog, so I did. I wish you well in your endeavor. I too am working on something similar but sorta not. I know that is ambiquoius but I can't say too much right now as there is so much left to do yet. I will get in touch with you privately and we can encourage each other when things begin to dim in our dreams!! I am watching your blog for news Good job on rearranging your home.
Jeanne

Jo in TAS said...

Living the Dream!!! Can't wait to come and play!
HUgs
Jo
xxx

Larissa said...

Wow! What excitement!!! ... I am looking forward to watching your business grow!!! Hugs!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh that sounds so great Fee. Good luck with it all. I am sure it will be fantastic. I have a trusty recliner too. My 'spiritual home' LOL! Sounds like you have a great new revamped space.

Michelle said...

Exciting... Enjoy your new space!

De said...

How very exciting for you Fee. xoxo

Mrs Shepo said...

Enjoy your new exciting venture in your beautiful home. Most dreams do come true. Cheers, Pat.

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with all your plans..........wonderful to have your own space for the sewing stuff........

Maree: said...

Congratulations on Fullfilling Your Dreams...
Your Home is Gorgeous only problem is I live too far away to come & stitch...
Hugs
xx