Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Simple Pleasures



I constantly think of myself as lucky.  Lucky that I have a hobby which makes my heart sing, lucky that I am able to create and lucky to have found peace and total relaxation with needle and thread.




Just collecting pastel scraps for an upcoming project gives me so much pleasure.  Using up pieces of fabric which would usually be tossed and making it into something beautiful.



I know that I am lucky in so many other ways in my life but today I am giving thanks and recognising that I am lucky to be blessed with a wonderful hobby that ensures that I am never bored or idle.



My craft has blessed me in so many ways - All of the friends that I have that are kindred spirits is because of our shared love of crafting.......



And the best part is that YOU get that I am addicted to these types of fabrics and you understand that I can't bring myself to cut into them


And YOU understand my need to take something old and make it new and useable again....


And one of the nicest pleasures that our craft gives is that feeling of satisfaction when you have finished a project and the feeling that it gives you when you give it to someone you care about.....


Thank you for letting me indulge in some simple pleasures in my crafting life today.  And thank you for being YOU.  I really do appreciate you stopping by and beoming a part of my crafting life.

Hugs - Fee X

18 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous post Fee! Love ya lots!
HUgs
Jo

Kate said...

Thank YOU for being so inspiring with all your creativity!

retdairyqueen said...

We all love the beautiful things you create and I feel privileged to be a small part of your crafting world
Hugs

shez said...

thankyou Fee for all the inspiration that you give to people,and for having a kind heart,enjoy your day.Namaste.xx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yes, it's a special world we belong to Fee and one I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world.
Enjoy your simple pleasures!

Maria said...

Loved reading your beautiful post Fee.
Have a lovely day....

By Hoki Quilts said...

And having people like You in our lives just enriches each day - mwah
huge hugs, Miche'le

Debbie said...

Lovely post and I sooo understand about not wanting to cut into new fabric....sometimes it is just too pretty on the shelf!

Have a wonderful evening.

ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Totally agree - my crafting gets me away from all the other problems and I am sure that although its not a cheap hobby its cheaper than a psychiatrist!

Jodi said...

It is a wonderful thing to take a moment and be thankful for our blessings. Glad I could share in it.
Jodi

Teresa said...

I agree with you 100% Fee. Lovely, lovely post xx

Michelle Ridgway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely post Fee and so beautifully expressed.

Fiona said...

Lovely words... inspirational and thoughtful... there is so much for us to be thankful for.. and thanks for the reminder...
Hugz

Margaret said...

Acceptance goes a long way to make us happy, we feel accepted when we read of your doings.

Vicki ♥ said...

and thank you for being you hunny :) luv ya lots :) Hugs Vicki x

Larissa said...

What a lovely post!! ... And gorgeous photos!!! ... I thank you for welcoming me into your little corner of this wonderful corner of the world!! Huge Hugs!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Wonderful post Fee. You put in to words what we all feel in our hearts. Also we so get not wanting to cut up those adorable fabrics! Thank you too. Tracee xx