Thursday, April 19, 2012

Autumn Evenings and much loved gifts ........


We have had the fire lit off and on a bit over the past few weeks as the autumn nights begin to get a bit chilly and the house begins to take on that cosy feel that we are so familiar with throughout the cold period that we endure here in Tasmania.  I couldn't resist taking some shots of our front entrance with the nightly glow.


As you can see my home has lots of handmade quilts and stitcheries as well as dolls and cushions.



My new studio and teaching room leads off the entrance and it's door is adorned with a gorgeous stitchery wall hanging.


Made for me by my sweet friend Jo.


The room has lots of shelves which hold all of my supplies, gifts and pretties.


Just gazing at some of the gifts given to me by friends makes me all warm and fuzzy.  I love having them on display.


They remind me of the gift giver constantly and I love having them around.


You know that a handmade gift given to you has taken the giver much time and has been made with lot's of love and that is why I cherish them.  Do you love to give handmade too?


I find all different sorts of ways to display my pretties.  This little bag was made by Dawn and given to me last christmas.  Isn't it sweet?


And this gorgeous wall hanging was given to me just this week by Jenny for my Birthday - I love it !!



I have been very busy cutting fabric every night for the past few weeks.  I have a stand at the Launceston Quilt & Craft Fair next week - Maybe I'll see you there?

Love and Hugs,

Fee XX

17 comments:

shez said...

What a lovely home you have Fee and that is a great size sewing room for you.xx

Leanne said...

Your front entrance looks beautiful Fee and your sewing room is amazing, I'm so jealous.

Joy said...

I recognise one of those pretty items ;o)!!! LOVE the sewing room Fee, I'm SO jealous, maybe I'll have to come back down there and play in your new cave with you he he.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Michelle said...

A very welcoming front entrance...the sign for your room is sweet too, I'm sure lot's of creativity and fun goes on behind that door!

barb's creations said...

You have a very lovely home,also happy belated birthday wishes Fee :) Barb.

Annie said...

You have a very welcoming home Fee....and I also love handmade gifts for the exact same reason as you.....especially the 'no reason' surprises!

Debbie said...

What a lovely front entrance and a sewing room to die for! Love how you display the homemade items given to you. I prefer to give as many handmade gifts as I possibly can. Have fun at the show!

Wendy B said...

loved loved LOVED the visit to your home tonight! ...and yes.....handmade gifts are most special gifts and deserve pride of place, I agree! Love all your pretties! Wish I could come visit at the show .....hope it goes spectacularly Fee!!!
xoxo sugaryhugs
Wendy :O)

Allie said...

Your home looks so welcoming sweet Fee, I too love handmade and have my pretties where I can see them too. A gift from a friend always gets pride of place in my home. I wish I could come visit you at the show....have a wonderful and productive time dear girl!

Maree: said...

Your Room looks Gorgeous and Comfy for Stitching...
Thanks for Sharing..
xx

Deb R - frog cottage said...

You have a lovely warm home, the sewing/teaching room is lovely. I cherish all my handmade gifts too.

Mrs Shepo said...

Your home makes me feel warm even though it is turning cold here too, (not my favourite season). All the hand made "things" add to the cosiness and your lovely sewing room makes mine look a bit sad. Hope all goes well for at your Craft Fair. Cheers Pat. ((()))

Quilt Kitty said...

Your studio is gorgeous Fi & so special with all the wonderful gifts spread around it. One day I hope to be seated in one of those chairs for a class! Hand made gifts are the best as so full of love. Tracee xx

Vicki ♥ said...

Your lovely gifts look great displayed around your fab room. So wish I could be there again enjoying it all :) hugs Vicki x

Jo in TAS said...

Your new stitching space has a really good feel about it Fee! I see many great designs coming from your new space.
Hugs
Jo

Michelle May said...

Happy birthday! Jenny gave you my pattern for your birthday! I feel sooooooooooo honored!
Love does grow best in little houses!
Hugs sweet lady!

Lady Jane said...

You have a lovely home Fee and that stitching room is wonderful. I picture you there enjoying every minute creating beautiful objects. Have fun at the craft fair.