Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's A Sunny Saturday



It is hard to believe but the sun is shining here today.  It is a wonderful winter sun peeking from behind the clouds but it has brightened everything up beautifully.   I have even let the fire go out and opened up all of the doors for some crisp fresh air through the house.  Everything feels so much better, it's amazing what a few rays of sunshine can do after such a long cold winter.




Do you like my little vignette from my sewing room?  I have lots of fun changing it around every week.  I am thinking a nice vintage sewing display will be next.  It's a great place to photograph pattern fronts too.




Work has progressed on my BOM - I am loving the pastel tones and my little heart birdie features in almost every block.




And I have finally finished "Jitterbug".  This is the second childs quilt for the year.  The aim was to have 5 done by next Christmas (2013) so I think I am still on track.




As per usual I didn't stick to the pattern or the colour theme from the original quilt by Natalie Ross but I love the changes I made.



All of the Fabrics I used were from the Fig Tree ranges and all went together beautifully, There is California Girl, Butterscotch & Roses and also Strawberry Fields.



My planning and plotting is still on track.  I have made lots of new plans for the future and have actioned a lot of them.  The rest of the year is going to be pretty busy around here and no doubt stressful until we know what is happening  with my job.  This week I contracted a very talented lady to make me something special.  Here is a sneak peek of what she has been up to.

All will be revealed in the coming months.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love and Hugs,

Fee XX

6 comments:

Melody said...

Ooh, maybe a sign for a shop or market stall?

Annie said...

That is one cute quilt Fee.....I was down in Hobart Town for the day yesterday (work related of course)....I did think of you and wish I had enough time to organise a coffee, cake and chat....maybe sometime soon :)

Kathy said...

Hasnt the sunshine been lovely today? Your jitterbug quilt is great, a perfect child's quilt. Good to hear that your planning is coming along well and you are getting somewhere with all your plotting...I'll be waiting to see the result oft all soon I hope Fee.

De said...

Enjoy that sunshine! That looks like a little sign to me.........very intriguing. xoxo

shez said...

sunshine makes you feel happy and alive,hope we start getting heaps more Fee,love jitterbug and the fabrics you have chosen,well done.xx

Mad about Craft said...

Such a cute quilt!!!