Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Adventure Begins ......


So did I finish the spare room make over on the weekend?  No - I didn't even start it - But I did manage to cross off a few things on the list of things to do before the house goes up for sale.  I de-cluttered a number of areas in the home and also tidied up our back area.



I think the sun shining briefly into this area had me motivated to give it a clean and tidy



This area at the back of the house became a vision about 4 years ago and luckily a friend's hubby is a builder and was able to put my vision into reality.  We have loved spending time in this area and many happy family gatherings have been in this room.



I have decided that I will be taking all of my own photographs for the real estate agent.  After looking through the real estate site over the past few weeks some of the photography leaves a lot to be desired !  I really do not want to look at walls and doors which seem to feature in most of the photo's and not the attributes of each house.



I still feel very sad about selling the house but I know that with 3 acres and a 32 square house that it is not practical for us moving forward.  We need a small house with low maintenance gardens and a studio room for me and that's about it. 



Our future plans include growing a business in the craft & quilt industry and we have spent many many weeks planning out our future around that. 



We have spent the last month setting up the business, registering it and doing all of the legal stuff as well as having a logo designed and new stationary, signs etc made.  Our new business will not be your typical on-line style business but instead a roving and newsletter based business with a few twists and turns.  We have many monthly clubs planned and will be running 4 brand new BOM programmes in the next few months.

And now for the unveiling of the new business logo and name :-






It is .........











The lovely Keren over at Free Pretty Things designed my new logo based on my Designs By Fee Logo and I have to say that I love it.

I will still be designing under the "Designs By Fee" brand but our new retail arm is called "Fee's Shabby Shack" and it is coming to a city near you in 2013.  Yep we are all booked and deposits paid for the Australian Quilt Show Circuit in 2013.  We even have airfares booked !  We have been very busy planning out a new path and it all begins in the next few weeks. 

I have a Business Launch Party planned and you are all invited.  There will be lots of giveaways, party games and lots more........

So if you do not want to miss out on anything then make sure that you are signed up to the newsletter.  You can do this on the right hand side of the blog.

I had better get back to my planning.  Enjoy your week.

Hugs - Fee X

34 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Such an exciting journey Fiona, both with the house and new business venture. I wish you all the best. hugs xx

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

What a lovely logo...good luck with your new business!
Cheers....Jane.

Fiona said...

very exciting... all the best with your Shabby Shack... lovely logo
Hugz

Dawn said...

So excited for you Fee...a new beginning...and a gorgeous one at that....
HUGS X X

Vicki ♥ said...

All the very best Fee and it all sounds very exciting...lots of plans have been made and I wish you lots of success :) Hugs Vicki xx

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oh Fee how wonderful, I wish you so much success that I'll be seeking your autograph ; ) Wish I could be with you for the launch.
You go girl xx

Kylie said...

Lots of changes Fee but very exciting ones. Hope your house sells quickly and best of luck with your new business venture. I am looking forward to hopefully seing you at a craft show soon. xxx

Jeanette said...

How exciting Fee. Does that mean you are coming to Brisbane next year? If so can't wait to see you here. Good luck with everything. Hugs,

retdairyqueen said...

OOOOH How exciting Wish you luck
Maybe I will catch up with you in Melbourne

shez said...

oh Fee love the new logo and if i lived in tassie i would love to buy your lovely house its so gorgeous,good luck with the sale,though something tells me it wont be on the market for long,how exciting your new journey is about to begin.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Simply gorgeous logo. I am sure your lovely house will be snapped up in no time. I wish you every success Fee even though I am sure you won't need it as it will be just wonderful.
I am so excited for you...sounds fabulous.
Hugs Michelle x

Lib said...

Best wishes for your new venture Fee and good luck in finding your "just right" house.

quiltygal said...

Wow what a wonderful time for you all ....love the logo...Does that mean that you will be in Adelaide in Nov with the Quilt show ( is that the circuit you are doing) if so I will stop by & say hi :)

Noela said...

All the best with your new plans. I really like your new logo and name. Look forward to seeing you in Queensland next year.

Susan said...

Congratulations. Exciting times ahead!

Michelle said...

Sew very exciting! I love the new logo, good luck!

Sue said...

Good luck with all your plans, great logo too.XXX

Kathy said...

I knew all that planning and plotting was leading somewhere fabulous :)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wishing you much success with your new business venture Fee. Looking forward to watching your journey.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Cath said...

What an amazing journey for you both. Wishing you all the best of luck and I will call by when the craft show comes to town.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Susan said...

I"m signing up for your newsletter now! SO excited for you, change is hard, but often necessary. I left my house in the mountains last year and moved down here to the city. Best wishes for everything you desire!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh Fee, how exciting. The new name and logo are lovely. It is wonderful that you have booked into the craft fair circuit. Who knows maybe we will even get to to outback Queensland to do some tutoring.

Scottish Nanna said...

Love your new Logo I hope everything goes well for you I will be looking for you at the Brisbane Quilt Show in 2013.
Hugs Mary.xx

De said...

How exciting Fee. I certainly hope you have schedule in a few extra days when you get to Brisbane....think you might need them for catching up!

Cheryl said...

Good luck Fee with your new side of the business - it will be lovely to see you at the quilt shows too next year. All very exciting and know your beautiful house will sell quickly

The Vintage Journal said...

Congratulations Fee, on your new business. Looking forward to maybe meeting you at the quilt shows. That would be wonderful. Wishing you every success.

Vicki said...

Oh Fee, how exciting! I know that it will all be wonderful. You are very brave to plunge in like this. Much braver than me and wish you heaps of success. Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com

Mistea said...

Oooh excitement!
Enjoy all of the new journey's twists and turns.
Have fun.

Annie said...

Awesome!!!!!

Maria said...

Best wishes with all your new beginnings...

Joy said...

Wow, so much happening in your world right now!! Even though it will be sad to leave your beautiful home, I just know you'll make your new one just as wonderful - because you have that knack Fee. Wishing you every success in your new Shabby Shack venture - can't wait to see you when you're up here, how exciting :o)!!!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o) xx

Wendy B said...

Oh Fee...that's wonderful news.....sad too, but a wonderful new beginning! Looking forward to watching it blossom and grow....you deserve it sweety!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Allie said...

Oh Fee I am so excited for you - I LOVE your new logo, I'm looking forward to watching you do brilliant work and have much success - what wonderful news, dear girl!!!

Michelle May said...

Love your new Logo! I know you will be hugely successful. May all your dreams come true!
xx